ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Question on Tier 1 Extension

Post by niranhopper » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi

I got my Tier 1 stamped between Mar 01 2009 to Mar 01 2012 and applied in Dec 08. I have been in the uk for the last 14 months and i now qualify with 75 points for a Tier 1 Extension. My question is can i apply early for a Tier 1 extension with around 20 months left for expiry? If not, then how early can i apply before expiry.

My salary contains a Indian salary component which is included in the gross salary but paid in Indian rupees. Can i still consider this salary as earnings in UK?

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Post by niranhopper » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi Guys

Any pointers?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:48 am

niranhopper wrote:Hi Guys

Any pointers?
You can apply for extension at any time it's not against the rule but bear in mind that anything earlier than 3-4 months would risk new visa starting from now instead of from the expiry of your current leave.
Goodluck.

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Post by niranhopper » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:18 am

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I heard that extension will be given from 2 years upto 5 years. So even if they stamp from today, will the new extension be valid for another 5 years instead of the usual 2 years?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 pm

niranhopper wrote:Hi

Thanks for the reply. I heard that extension will be given from 2 years upto 5 years. So even if they stamp from today, will the new extension be valid for another 5 years instead of the usual 2 years?
if your initial hsmp/tier1 was 2 years then new visa will be of 3 years visa, if it was 3 then new visa would be valid for 2 years
Goodluck.

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Post by niranhopper » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:33 am

Ok. Thanks for the reply. One more question. Unfortunately i landed in UK on the 29th day after my VISA valid date. So in the future if i need to apply for PR or citizenship, would i need to apply for 2 extensions.. cause at the end of 5 years in my VISA, i wouldnt have completed the required 5 years for PR.

Thanks