ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DA375

Post by DA375 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:53 pm

I am 2 years working holiday and 8 years student like Marks and Spencer,but on a more serious note most importantly as far as this thread is concerned my last visa extension was as a student.

DA375

Post by DA375 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:19 pm

While I am wondering about what I have mentioned on my previous post, I am also wondering weather the topic of this forum could be renamed to

10 years long residence as a student SET (O) waiting times.

Simples........

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 pm

DA375 wrote:While I am wondering about what I have mentioned on my previous post, I am also wondering weather the topic of this forum could be renamed to

10 years long residence as a student SET (O) waiting times.

Simples........
I think we'll have to start a new thread for that.

hrushiuk
Newly Registered

Thanks coolboyuk

Post by hrushiuk » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks coolboyuk. My rant was about having to wait for such a long time For some members now and when I've applied for student visas and trying get some answers on the phone and responses you receive when you phone the UKBA! As some of our members have received rude responses or pretty much same line answers. Very frustrating since all of us have dealt with that at some point in our application processes, very frustrating. Started following this thread since my application was SET(O) long term legal stay, just wanna apologies to anyone if they got affended that fact that it was a "mix match" situation since I also had work permit on top of student visas.had I realised that it would upset anyone so much, I wouldn't made comments so politley my sincere apologies again if I got it mixed up and started participating but you all have been lovely And mean that from the bottom of my heart :))

DA375

Post by DA375 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Hey Beige,

Are you assuming or you are certain about it cause may be we can send a message to the admin and see what they say about it.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 pm

DA375 wrote:Hey Beige,

Are you assuming or you are certain about it cause may be we can send a message to the admin and see what they say about it.
Its an assumption. That said, I don't think it will be fair to isolate other people who might want to post on this thread if they've already previously done so. Having seperate threads may also make it easier for people to decide what thread they want to post in. Just a thought really...

DA375

Post by DA375 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Well I have sent a message to the admin, lets see what they come up with

DA375

Post by DA375 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:40 pm

I am certain that this thread was opened for long residence waiting time for students, because of varied time(quicker) of a decision if on a work permit,for me, this defeats the objective of this thread

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 pm

I think this is not a question that admin should answer.
we should do it ourselves. we can create new thread "10 years (as students only) ILR timeline"

Then in order not to upset the current users who have a combination of student and 'better' status, we can update their list once for them and we will pull out the names of students only for the new thread.

Those who are on the list but do not see the status mentioned next to their line, please write under what category you applied - was it whole 10 years as student ? student+work permit? student+skilled immigrant, student+dependant?, etc. for example in my case it is a combination of student+dependent of a student visas, so it takes ages for application to be approved and timeline should be very similar to those who spent 10 years as students.

Only then we can move on.... and in the first post of that new thread we will list who can join - for example students only, students+dependants, but not those who are currently on the work permit or HSMP.

what do you say?!
Last edited by powermatic on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:32 pm

in a way it is nice to have all other members on the thread as they bring good news to the forum with a greater frequency.

Yet, their news have very little use for us, students, as they do not really indicate the correct timeline for our applications.

In addition, I would like to ask 'passers by' to join the thread, please tell us of your presence, do not join only after you receive your ILR :roll:

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:44 pm

sam-zen wrote:is taht 10 years lawfully stay ill applied igot one ccj on my recored is that ho check that recored as well plz help me.....
Please use propper english (I really hope this it not the way you talk), as your message looks more as a mobile text to me.

well, I think I managed to understand you - yes, HO knows everything and if they want they will find any sort of information about the applicant. If you have a criminal conviction it is better to tell them as your lie definitely wont help you, it definitely wont make your character any better :wink:

Good luck with your application!

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:31 am

This thread was originally created for ALL 10 year applicants to share their experiences. It was split from the HSMP/Work Permit thread in early 2010. I think to make it solely for 10 students would be unfair as there are many non or ex-students that visit.

I agree with the users of this thread who say that if you want a thread specifically for students then create a new one. Along with threads for every single scenario possible under the 10 year rule ... and so on until every bit of information is that same including processing times so that no-one is offended by anything or anyone :lol: Just like the overly politically correct Britain that we live in. I joke ... do what you think is right.:)

Simplez :wink:

As an aside: I like it when good news stories appear on here, someone said that earlier. I don't find it offensive when someone gets a quick response (and is telling the truth).

bilalsco
Newly Registered

Post by bilalsco » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 am

bilalsco wrote:Hello All.

My application was posted on the 14th June 2010 and it was received (via special delivery) on the 15th June 2010.

The problem is I have not received my acknowledgement letter from Home Office and I'm beginning to worry a bit.

I've also called royal mail to confirm if the postal orders I paid for my application has been cashed. They confirmed this was cashed on the 17th June 2010.

How long does it usually take before they send you an acknowledgement letter? Should I be worried that I still haven't received one?

Any input you have will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hello All

Can someone help answer my question above? I'm in the 3rd week now and still haven't received an acknowledgement letter, help !!

Many thanks

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:24 am

bilalsco wrote:

My application was posted on the 14th June 2010 and it was received (via special delivery) on the 15th June 2010.

The problem is I have not received my acknowledgement letter from Home Office and I'm beginning to worry a bit.

I've also called royal mail to confirm if the postal orders I paid for my application has been cashed. They confirmed this was cashed on the 17th June 2010.

How long does it usually take before they send you an acknowledgement letter? Should I be worried that I still haven't received one?

Thanks
Hello All

Can someone help answer my question above? I'm in the 3rd week now and still haven't received an acknowledgement letter, help !!

Many thanks
I wouldn't worry about it. They've taken your money that's the main thing. It means you've passed the very initial stage. There are quite a few that are in a similar situation, some of which received their ILR before receiving their acknowledgement letter.

After 14 weeks and you've not received your ILR, give the call centre a phone and ask for your reference number.

bilalsco
Newly Registered

Post by bilalsco » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:30 am

kiwigirl25 wrote:
bilalsco wrote:

Thanks
Hello All

Many thanks
I wouldn't worry about it. They've taken your money that's the main thing. It means you've passed the very initial stage. There are quite a few that are in a similar situation, some of which received their ILR before receiving their acknowledgement letter.

After 14 weeks and you've not received your ILR, give the call centre a phone and ask for your reference number.
Thank You

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:49 am

Yea Bilalsco, don't worry about it. As long as you've confirmed from the royal mail website that they've received your application, you should technically be okay. As kiwigirl suggested, you can also follow up after 14 weeks to verify.

graham834
Newly Registered

Post by graham834 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Still waiting......... :(

My application is made up of student, work permit and spouse visa which I am on now

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 am

all quiet in here....lol. any prediction on SPAIN vs NETHERLANDS ?

:lol:

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:34 am

I think the trick is not to add your name to the list. People with the quick responses aren't on the list until they came here to share their surprise of receiving their ILR.

People who have been waiting soooooooooooooo long have been on the list since they applied.

That's today's theory... :lol:

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:41 pm

i totally agree with this theory.. although we fully aware what is behind this "come & share the success ". ...

the typical statements used so far ..." I have been following this thread for a while"

and finish with

applied YESTERDAY
received ILR TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

hey..all fun..huh....lol

anyways.. have a wonderful weekend boys and girls. :)

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:51 pm

coolboyuk wrote:all quiet in here....lol. any prediction on SPAIN vs NETHERLANDS ?

:lol:
I'm rooting for SPAIN!!!!!!

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:52 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:I think the trick is not to add your name to the list. People with the quick responses aren't on the list until they came here to share their surprise of receiving their ILR.

People who have been waiting soooooooooooooo long have been on the list since they applied.

That's today's theory... :lol:
LoL!! I thought of that one before :lol: Ah well! Its too late now :lol:

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:04 pm

what is with this animation ? :D

and my prediction was wrong last time [semi] ..so, I dont know.....
Last edited by coolboyuk on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Hey!! I thought a bit of color might add some sparkle to this thread :lol:
Last edited by Beige on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:11 pm

you could not have chosen a better colour.....ohh my goodness :lol: