ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complex Case - Tax Credits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VT

Complex Case - Tax Credits

Post by VT » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:07 pm

I have been waiting for 14 weeks to receive CTC. My partner had to go for an interview for a NINO so that it could be put on the claim form. He was refused after 2 weeks and now i'm not sure what to expect.
I called the tax office and the person i spoke to had no idea what i was talking about. I asked to speak to a team leader and she told me that i should write to an address in Preston. We have done that and posted it yday. Apparently they will decide whether i should be entitled to Tax Credits and may put a temp NINO on my claim form for my partner.
What happens if they don't? & should i be doing anything i.e appealing, because of the amount of time they're taking?

(I am a British Citizen, so is my 5 month old child)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Oh dear, this really is bad staff training! The requirement for the second claimant to quote a NI number was removed at from 06.04.09. There is no reason for the determination of the Tax Credits claim to be delayed by the lack of NI number by your husband.

Don't hesitate to keep moaning at them.
John