ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa- Tenancy Agreement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sid_3014
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa- Tenancy Agreement

Post by sid_3014 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi,

I am in UK for last 2 years and planning to apply visa for my spouse to join me as my dependent. For this, I have requested the letting agent to provide tenenacy agreement. He did give me the agreement but only a photocopy of the original. Is it fine to produce the photocopy of original? or do we need original?

Please help

Thanks
Sid

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:30 pm

As a tenant, you should also have an original agreement.
Visa application forms supporting documents checklist wrote:You must provide original documents and a translation of any supporting documents which are not in English. Your application may be refused if you do not provide original documents and a certified translation if necessary.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sid_3014
Newly Registered

Post by sid_3014 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks Vinny for quick turn around. True, i guess i lost my copy and the agent is reluctant to provide another but happy to give a photocopy. I have to somehow convince him now if this dosen't work

Thanks gain

Cheers

drmastoi

HI

Post by drmastoi » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Photocopy of agreement should be ok i think.you can a get a letter from agent confirming your stay in property. he should be fine giving u one .

sid_3014
Newly Registered

Post by sid_3014 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks bro,

I spoke to the agent and he said he never gave me original, he has got only one original copy and that it is with him. It seems they only provide photocopies.

I am a bit nervous now, any help is rightly appreciated

Has anyone submitted photocopy of tenancy agreement and was still fine?
Please help

Regards