ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need an urgent help for pay period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luckyleo787
Newly Registered

need an urgent help for pay period

Post by luckyleo787 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:16 pm

hi,
i am going to apply for tier 1 general visa this week . i have two quieres regarding tier 1
my first pay slip is dated 25th of july which is the salery for the month of july and my last pay slip is dated 5th of july which is my salery for the month of june because my pay slips are from two different companies. one used to pay on monthly basis and second one used to pay on 4 weeks basis(28 days). and my total salery is above £41000 which i should have to claim points for my salery
so will the HO deduct my 5 days salery because i am gona write my claiming period from 6th of july 2009 to 5th of july 2010 or it will simply remove my first pay slip and count the recent 11 months salery. .what they will normaly do.
my second question is
if my application gets approved then it will be for 2 years and my ILR is due after 3 years. so can i apply for tier 1 general next year again to get the stamp for 2 years till i am eligible for ILR rather than taking risk for extention.
in other words can i switch from tier 1 general to tier 1 general and requalify again in the next year and get the stamp till my ILR is due or i can only apply for extention.
thanx

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: need an urgent help for pay period

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:33 pm

luckyleo787 wrote:hi,
i am going to apply for tier 1 general visa this week . i have two quieres regarding tier 1
my first pay slip is dated 25th of july which is the salery for the month of july and my last pay slip is dated 5th of july which is my salery for the month of june because my pay slips are from two different companies. one used to pay on monthly basis and second one used to pay on 4 weeks basis(28 days). and my total salery is above £41000 which i should have to claim points for my salery
so will the HO deduct my 5 days salery because i am gona write my claiming period from 6th of july 2009 to 5th of july 2010 or it will simply remove my first pay slip and count the recent 11 months salery. .what they will normaly do.
my second question is
if my application gets approved then it will be for 2 years and my ILR is due after 3 years. so can i apply for tier 1 general next year again to get the stamp for 2 years till i am eligible for ILR rather than taking risk for extention.
in other words can i switch from tier 1 general to tier 1 general and requalify again in the next year and get the stamp till my ILR is due or i can only apply for extention.
thanx
I think you should take the claim period as 1 July 09 - 30th June 10. Though the payslip date was 5th July, it was actually salary of June. If you are worried you could explain this is cover letter.

Once you get tier 1 G, you will have to get it extended. Dont think applying again for tier 1 G when already on Tier 1 G visa is possible.

luckyleo787
Newly Registered

thanx but need to ask one more question

Post by luckyleo787 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:50 pm

thanx for reply but unfortunately my pay slip for 5th of july included my salery for 5 days of july as well thats why i want to claim from 6th of july 2009 to 5th of july 2010. and hence i want to know about the policy if HO that will they deduct my 5 days salery of july 2009 or they will simply remove my last years july pay slip.
thanx

Visa2Uk

Re: thanx but need to ask one more question

Post by Visa2Uk » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:50 pm

luckyleo787 wrote:thanx for reply but unfortunately my pay slip for 5th of july included my salery for 5 days of july as well thats why i want to claim from 6th of july 2009 to 5th of july 2010. and hence i want to know about the policy if HO that will they deduct my 5 days salery of july 2009 or they will simply remove my last years july pay slip.
thanx
I understand. Do not worry. This is a common happening. I would suggest you to mention the period as 01-July 2009 to 3o-Jun 2010. If you can tie up the payment dates to the month for which it is paid, case worker can understand.

In your covering letter, put a table similar to this one.

Month|Net Salary|Gross Salary|Payment Date

For example, in your case the first and last entry in the table would be as follows.

Month|Net Salary|Gross Salary|Payment Date
July-2009| XXXX|YYYY|25-July-2009
Jun-2010|XXXX|YYYY|5-July-2010

This should help the case worker to understand your scenario.

All the best!!!