ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student earning while switching to Tier 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahul12345

Student earning while switching to Tier 1 General

Post by rahul12345 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Can earnings on student visa be claimed for switching to Tire 1 General. I read in some previous post that as per current rules student visa earnings will not be counted. But nothing like this is mentioned in the UKBA website.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

Point 11 is deleted.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:03 am

If working on a student visa (20hrs/wk) pays you enough to claim points for earnings, you may do so.

regards

rahul12345

Post by rahul12345 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:39 am

>If working on a student visa (20hrs/wk) pays you enough to claim points for earnings, you may do so.

Thanks. Does it also mean that a combination of student visa earnings and earnings during PSW visa can be claimed.

Full time work on student visa after finish of studies (student visa is generally granted 4 months after the course end date and students can work full time in it) + Full time work on student visa during holidays + some months on PSW visa

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:47 am

As per current rules:

As long as you did not breach the conditions of your stay .. and worked in accordance with your immigration category, you can claim points for income so earned. No problem!

regards

dabeanies
Newly Registered

Post by dabeanies » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:As per current rules:

As long as you did not breach the conditions of your stay .. and worked in accordance with your immigration category, you can claim points for income so earned. No problem!

regards
But it will be quite difficult to get the salary needed in four months full time. You should be in a high flying job that pays good and also do it as a contract. I m not sure if it is possible to switch from student to tier 1 even if they say that you can do it.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:14 am

I am not questioning whether the OP achieved what he says he did through fair or unfair means. It is for the OP to provide documentary evidence to support his claims.

regards

dabeanies
Newly Registered

Post by dabeanies » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:33 pm

sushdmehta wrote:I am not questioning whether the OP achieved what he says he did through fair or unfair means. It is for the OP to provide documentary evidence to support his claims.

regards
I know. I was just commenting on the complications of the system not you :).