ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i claim benefit if relocate

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kipkip

can i claim benefit if relocate

Post by kipkip » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm

hi am planning to move to ireland and i enjoy some benefit here in uk such as working credit and child tax credit, if go to ireland and start working there will they still be giving out the benefit

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: can i claim benefit if relocate

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:58 pm

kipkip wrote:hi am planning to move to ireland and i enjoy some benefit here in uk such as working credit and child tax credit, if go to ireland and start working there will they still be giving out the benefit
Why think about benefits? Why not think about a job?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SSEF

Re: can i claim benefit if relocate

Post by SSEF » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Wanderer wrote:
kipkip wrote:hi am planning to move to ireland and i enjoy some benefit here in uk such as working credit and child tax credit, if go to ireland and start working there will they still be giving out the benefit
Why think about benefits? Why not think about a job?
Isnt that the reason most come to the UK...Look at the benefit threads on here, this the first forum I have ever joined that has such an extensive section!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:57 am

kipkip, so you intend to work in Ireland, but where do you intend to live? Will you be living in the Republic of Ireland? Or will you be living in say Northern Ireland, and commuting to the Republic?
Look at the benefit threads on here, this the first forum I have ever joined that has such an extensive section!
Only because these issues are so technical, and people have genuine doubts about entitlements.
John