ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To get is HSMP easier for IT professional or an MBA?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neelam
Newly Registered

To get is HSMP easier for IT professional or an MBA?

Post by neelam » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:01 pm

Hi,
I'm planning for HSMP. I'm an IT professional and my husband is an MBA and having experience in Sales and Marketing.
Can you pls suggest whether we should file HSMP for him or for me.
Which would be easier to get?
Is it easy for an IT professional or easy for a sales and marketing professional to get HSMP?

Thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:51 pm

That is a relative question. You cannot term HSMP favourable to one proffesion while difficult for another. What you want to do is to check the point scoring system and see if you think you qualify for it. It is likely that IT proffesionals form a good percentage of those approved for HSMP but it would be fatal to to decide to file for HSMP based on that.

kumi

first step..

Post by kumi » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:57 am

my .02 yuans.....

first get both of your qualifications certified by UK NARIC. Its anyway useful if either of you are claiming spouse points. Who ever has a stronger recommendation, go for it. As wazir saab said, weigh your points and make a stronger application. Once the application is through, life in UK is through... all the best.

Sher

Definitive answer

Post by Sher » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:58 am

IT will be better than marketing as it is one of the "in-demand" professions and most Indians are recognised for it.
I had a similar dilemma. IT worked.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

herman404
Newly Registered

Post by herman404 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:30 am

If your husband has a MBA from one of the 50 approved schools, he will automatically qualify for HSMP, regardless of how much work experience he has. See www.workpermit.com for the complete list.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:19 pm

Refer to the following list, look whether your husband MBA degree are in the list of 50 institutions for the MBA provision (Look on the bottom)

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/hsmp/mba_provision

Otherwise you will get the same point like any other Master's degree.

Pantaiema