ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit in germany for worker with permanent stay in UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tomas100
Newly Registered

work permit in germany for worker with permanent stay in UK

Post by tomas100 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi, i would like to enquire about the chances of employing a worker in Germany. The situation is as it follows: i manage a UK registered company and i want to employ a worker to do a job in Germany. This worker was not born in England, however he has permanent stay in the UK. He is qualified for the job itself. I want to know if the UK registered company can employ this person in Germany by contracting him out. If so, i would like to know what is the specific legislation on this issue and the requirements in this area.

Regards,

Tomas

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:50 pm

A UK permanent resident permit gives no automatic rights to work in the rest of the EU. He will have to apply for a german work permit like anyone else unless he is an Eu citizen. Basically his stay in the UK is irrelevant for these purposes.

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:43 pm

I would advise you to look into applying for a Van der Elst visa where I believe that a work permit is not required for an EU company transferring a non EU employee to another country in the EU.