ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply, see if I'm approved, then apply for dependents?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yggdrasil
Ireland

Can I apply, see if I'm approved, then apply for dependents?

Post by yggdrasil » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:37 am

I am looking to apply for Tier 1 General from the US but I have my wife and two children who would be coming with me. I don't relish the idea of putting up about $4000 in application fees for myself and all dependents on the chance that I get approved. It seems prudent to submit my application, wait for approval, then apply for my dependents. Is this acceptable practice?

I realize I don't have to apply for them at once, but I'd be applying for them pretty much right after I'm approved which is what I was concerned about.

Cheers

mhkhan

Re: Can I apply, see if I'm approved, then apply for depende

Post by mhkhan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:24 am

Yes, you can apply for yourself first and once you get the Tier 1, you can apply for your dependants right after that or after you arrive to the UK. There is no time bar on when can your dependants apply for the visa.

Good Luck.

[quote="yggdrasil"]I am looking to apply for Tier 1 General from the US but I have my wife and two children who would be coming with me. I don't relish the idea of putting up about $4000 in application fees for myself and all dependents on the chance that I get approved. It seems prudent to submit my application, wait for approval, then apply for my dependents. Is this acceptable practice?

I realize I don't have to apply for them at once, but I'd be applying for them pretty much right after I'm approved which is what I was concerned about.

Cheers[/quote]

yggdrasil
Ireland

Post by yggdrasil » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Excellent, that's how I understood it as well. Much appreciate your response.

Cheers.

yggdrasil
Ireland

Post by yggdrasil » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:26 pm

So now that I have submitted the online application and am completing my paperwork for the Appendix 1, I see that it says I must have enough maintenance now for me and all of my dependents who will follow me in the next 12 months. I do have the maintenance money now for all of us, but not in the right kind of account. I have enough in my bank account for me to apply. I have transferred the money from the other account and was going to submit the dependents' application in 90 days when my bank account has shown the cash balance long enough (assuming that I am approved). But I'm afraid I will be told they have to wait 12 months because I did not apply for them now. Am I reading this in the wrong way, or is that true?

Your help is much appreciated.

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 am

If you meant to ask whether your dependants can either apply along with your application or wait for another 12 months then you understood wrong.

Dependants can apply whenever the criteria for the funds has been fulfilled be it within a week of you getting your visa.

Hope this helped.

Good luck.

yggdrasil
Ireland

Post by yggdrasil » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:31 am

Excellent, that is great news. Thank so much once again!