ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My bank won't stamp every page of the electronic statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

latch
Newly Registered

My bank won't stamp every page of the electronic statement

Post by latch » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:48 am

Applying for Tier 1.

The instructions state:

"Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement".

However my Bank has only agreed to sign all pages, but stamp only the first page (with a short note and the bank managers card). Can I go ahead like this?

outbound

Re: My bank won't stamp every page of the electronic stateme

Post by outbound » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:27 pm

latch wrote:Applying for Tier 1.

The instructions state:

"Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement".

However my Bank has only agreed to sign all pages, but stamp only the first page (with a short note and the bank managers card). Can I go ahead like this?
I had faced the same issue with HSBC who were not even ready to sign the statements. Best option is to order duplicate statements thru post. They are usually delivered in a weeks time.

latch
Newly Registered

Post by latch » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:15 pm

yeah, but problem is that Barclays wont send you duplicate statements on letter headed paper. They are just regular computer prints.

yggdrasil
Ireland

Post by yggdrasil » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:22 pm

Surely you can find a different branch of the bank where they will stamp each page? It's not official policy at my bank either, but a teller was happy to help me out.

alifaroo

Post by alifaroo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:07 am

yggdrasil wrote:Surely you can find a different branch of the bank where they will stamp each page? It's not official policy at my bank either, but a teller was happy to help me out.
Last week i got my statements printed from bank and got stamped as well - they were about 7 pages - and every single page stamped.

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: My bank won't stamp every page of the electronic stateme

Post by prisat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:42 am

latch wrote:Applying for Tier 1.

The instructions state:

It is best and better to have all pages stamped....

latch
Newly Registered

Post by latch » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:57 am

I know ... problem is that mine is almost 40 pages

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 am

latch wrote:I know ... problem is that mine is almost 40 pages
I had same problem with Barclays bank. I will suggest you to go to their branch and request to change your statement generation date. Make sure that you say them to generate original statement on a date as per your choice and re-confirm everything. Lets say that your statement is generated on 25th of every month but you want latest statement until today. Now, you ask them to change statement generation date from 25th of every month to 12 of every month. You can do this over phone as well but problem is that their customer service is likely to misunderstood your request and again send useless statement. After my experience with Barclays, I lost trust in them and re-confirm everything from two different sources such as branch and phone banking. Once your request to change statement generation date, check with them that when your latest statement is generated or to be generated after 1/2 days. If you are requesting old statements then also discuss in Branch not over phone. Probably they will charge for £5 for old statements and you must specify which pages numbers of your old statement you need. Be explicit and straight in everything.

I got done in this way only after wasting my 5 days for useless satements printed on A4 with a letter. I literally fight with their staff in local branch just like in India then their manager came and sorted out problem by changing statement generation date.

tata522

Post by tata522 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:05 am

tell them it is for visa purpose, if that particular bank is not ready to stamp go for the other, print the particular page from the ukba stating it has to be stamped,dated and signed, definetely they will do for you,i have done it for many times and dont forget to take a covering letter as well.best of luck.