ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish spouse but not allowed to work.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ojoge
Newly Registered

Irish spouse but not allowed to work.

Post by ojoge » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:29 pm

I arrived in Ireland in 2002 with working visa of 2yrs but unfortunately I wasn't renewed my visa due to the fact that I changed my job. I tried everything to renew but no luck. In 2007 I met an Irish woman and we had a baby boy in Sept 2008 and we decided to get marry for good, we got married in Feb 2009. We moved in together as couple. In Jan 2010 I applied for Leave to remain base on my marriage I was granted 1yr stamp 4 last month. But here comes a different story my wife said to me that i cant work because she is on jobseeker and she doesn't want anything to affect her money and if i have to work I will have to move out of the house or I should collect dole till I am a full citizen of which I don't know when I will become a citizen and all I want is to be responsible and provide for the family a little boy is here who needs a beautiful future. I have stayed at home for to long I need to go out and work. Please I need help and positive minded people will be appreaciated. :(

koded

Post by koded » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Honestly, this is a wrong forum for you. As this is not immigration related problem. I think it is better you to sort for advice from a family welfare in order to resolve your family problem.
good luck

ojoge
Newly Registered

Re

Post by ojoge » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:19 pm

koded wrote:Honestly, this is a wrong forum for you. As this is not immigration related problem. I think it is better you to sort for advice from a family welfare in order to resolve your family problem.
good luck

There is threats that if i try to work doors will be locked, she will inform immigration that we dont leave together and my stamp 4 will be revoked.

Monifé

Re: Re

Post by Monifé » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:43 pm

ojoge wrote: There is threats that if i try to work doors will be locked, she will inform immigration that we dont leave together and my stamp 4 will be revoked.
That doesn't sound like a very loving, understanding relationship to me. But koded is right. This is an immigration advice website, not marital.

I would advise you to speak genuinely to your wife and explain that if you were to get a well paid job that the family would have more money than receiving the dole.

Also, if you go on the dole, it will most definitely affect your future citizenship/naturalisation application.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:13 pm

ojoge, can you just answer this? If you got a job, how does the amount you might earn compare to the amount of benefit currently being received by your wife?
John

ojoge
Newly Registered

Post by ojoge » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:25 am

Monifé wrote:
ojoge wrote: There is threats that if i try to work doors will be locked, she will inform immigration that we dont leave together and my stamp 4 will be revoked.
That doesn't sound like a very loving, understanding relationship to me. But koded is right. This is an immigration advice website, not marital.

I would advise you to speak genuinely to your wife and explain that if you were to get a well paid job that the family would have more money than receiving the dole.

Also, if you go on the dole, it will most definitely affect your future citizenship/naturalisation application.
Her excuse is that no one will employ her, she can't mind our child alone will I am out there working when she/we can be getting the dole. For me I am ready to work I can't keep staying indoors. She doesn't believe in a job that can feed the whole family. In the last few yrs I have been able to survive through the help of my family so I don't see why I will like to be depending on the govt now to feed us. I can only n only consider dole if I am starving to death. This govt is not encouraging people.

ojoge
Newly Registered

Re

Post by ojoge » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:32 am

John wrote:ojoge, can you just answer this? If you got a job, how does the amount you might earn compare to the amount of benefit currently being received by your wife?

I am not included in the benefit at the moment due to my previous status. To be honest I don't know whats out. I can do anything elsewhere as long as It doesn't affect her payment that was our last discussion.

koded

Post by koded » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:18 am

I understand her fears but this still want both of you can resolve. As Monife said it doesn't sound loving.
You should do your best to convince her that you working will not affect her. I dont really know how it works in Ireland but in other places I know if your spouse is working and you are on social welfare. the social welfare office will put into consideration the salary that your spouse is recieving before assisting you.
E.g. if your wife is recieving 2000euro per month from social welfare and now you got a job and your job pays 1500euro per month. Your wife will now recieve 500euro per month from the social welfare. Puting into consideration the basic needs of the family.
So all you need to do is to convience your wife that whatever you recieve as salary is equally hers. and in this case it requires trust.

daddy
Member of Standing

re: work

Post by daddy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:49 pm

hi mate, i would advice you to try and wait for your marriage to complete 3 yrs since your wife is an irish then you will apply for citizenship. Your marriage is already 1yr old, you may excersice patience for the next 2 yrs and get yyour naturalisation, pls stay away from crime.
pls confirm once again about how long it takes irish spouse to apply for naturalization, the law may have changed am not sure, good luck mate.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:23 pm

ojoge wrote:Her excuse is that no one will employ her, she can't mind our child alone will I am out there working when she/we can be getting the dole.
Is your wife a jobseeker?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ojoge
Newly Registered

Post by ojoge » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Ben wrote:
ojoge wrote:Her excuse is that no one will employ her, she can't mind our child alone will I am out there working when she/we can be getting the dole.
Yeah jobseeker.

ojoge
Newly Registered

Re

Post by ojoge » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:13 pm

koded wrote:I understand her fears but this still want both of you can resolve. As Monife said it doesn't sound loving.
You should do your best to convince her that you working will not affect her. I dont really know how it works in Ireland but in other places I know if your spouse is working and you are on social welfare. the social welfare office will put into consideration the salary that your spouse is recieving before assisting you.
E.g. if your wife is recieving 2000euro per month from social welfare and now you got a job and your job pays 1500euro per month. Your wife will now recieve 500euro per month from the social welfare. Puting into consideration the basic needs of the family.
So all you need to do is to convience your wife that whatever you recieve as salary is equally hers. and in this case it requires trust.
I dont know what to do. All she wants is her own money. Like you said A family welfare thing might be the solution.

ojoge
Newly Registered

Re: re: work

Post by ojoge » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:19 pm

daddy wrote:hi mate, i would advice you to try and wait for your marriage to complete 3 yrs since your wife is an irish then you will apply for citizenship. Your marriage is already 1yr old, you may excersice patience for the next 2 yrs and get yyour naturalisation, pls stay away from crime.
pls confirm once again about how long it takes irish spouse to apply for naturalization, the law may have changed am not sure, good luck mate.
Thanks. She wont let me work. Are you saying I should be patient and not work for the next 1 and half years? We have a child here we have to look after him. what will I be doing for the next two years? In the name of citizenship? I have waited so long to waste another two years doing nothing will be very very hard.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:21 pm

ojoge wrote:
Ben wrote:
Yeah jobseeker.
Yet you say she's mind the children.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ojoge
Newly Registered

Post by ojoge » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Ben wrote:
ojoge wrote:
Ben wrote:
Yeah jobseeker.
Yet you say she's mind the children.
I meant she cant mind alone incase i got a job. we both do the minding at the moment. but i am hunting for jobs. I wont want to live on benefit if i could get a job out there.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:44 am

I think if you can get a part time job,may not affect your wife's payment much or at all.But going on full time job will definitely put her claim on hold.