ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Relationship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

delcoyote
Newly Registered

Proof of Relationship

Post by delcoyote » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 am

What and how many proofs of relationship are needed?
Partners traveling abroad to meet each other, receipts of flight tickets..
Hotel room.. photographs taken, digital, printed? How many times do partners have to meet? is it one each way enough?
No phone text messages or emails allowed, telephone conversations..?
How long do this partner meetings from country to country are needed and how many times, do the immigration officials look also at the length of time between all this meetings or encounters?
It's so difficult to try to do the things right, without any information about what proof of relationship is or what are they looking for exactly.
Thank you in advance

Blueice2412
Newly Registered

Re: Proof of Relationship

Post by Blueice2412 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 am

delcoyote wrote:What and how many proofs of relationship are needed?
Partners traveling abroad to meet each other, receipts of flight tickets..
Hotel room.. photographs taken, digital, printed? How many times do partners have to meet? is it one each way enough?
No phone text messages or emails allowed, telephone conversations..?
How long do this partner meetings from country to country are needed and how many times, do the immigration officials look also at the length of time between all this meetings or encounters?
It's so difficult to try to do the things right, without any information about what proof of relationship is or what are they looking for exactly.
Thank you in advance
Hi,

proofs of relationship are very very important. Meeting ONCE only won't be enough, you have to meet at least 3 times. Then present photographs each meeting you had. The stamps on your passport as a proof that you visited her/him. Postal letters, cards are required also especially if you have been communicating long enough which can really help, they don't actually accept emails, phone calls nor text messages as proofs. Hotel receipts or any receipts you have incurred while you were together. Photos with family and friends as well. I presented all of that, no problem, one time application, approved! got my visa :) Goodluck to you...

delcoyote
Newly Registered

Post by delcoyote » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, I will take all this in consideration, I wonder if time wise, showing all the documents , letters, post, receipts during a period of less than 3 months would be something that could lead to a negative answer for applying for a visa. I wonder and i am curious if you had a proof of relationship that ranged a period of time of 2 years? or was it less?
I am planning everything carefully, but it will take 3 months to put all this documents together, and show them to the immigration officer.
I hope we have the same luck as you, and get this wonderful visa, when the day arrives.
Thank you so much :-)

Blueice2412
Newly Registered

Post by Blueice2412 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:39 am

delcoyote wrote:Thank you so much for your reply, I will take all this in consideration, I wonder if time wise, showing all the documents , letters, post, receipts during a period of less than 3 months would be something that could lead to a negative answer for applying for a visa. I wonder and i am curious if you had a proof of relationship that ranged a period of time of 2 years? or was it less?
I am planning everything carefully, but it will take 3 months to put all this documents together, and show them to the immigration officer.
I hope we have the same luck as you, and get this wonderful visa, when the day arrives.
Thank you so much :-)
You can try to send each other postal letters or cards at least once a month. You should be patient about doing it. The longer you communicate with each other, the better because they will see there how genuine is your relationship. I met my husband online in the year 2001 and we had loads of postal letters with each other from that time on. But we just met in person in 2009 and got married and when my hubby went back to Ireland, we still continue writing each other thru post so they will see there that we are constantly communicating. From there, he visited me 3x in my country and stays for few weeks each visit until we have our baby. We were very patient about it coz we don't want to make mistake in applying a visa. So we have to do it right at one time application. Luckily they granted me a visa as they have seen that our relationship is really genuine plus the fact, I think it does helps when we have a baby also :) One time meeting only can lead to refusal. So don't worry as long as you show a lot of proofs, then they will give you a visa.... Goodluck to you and keep praying :)