ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1- Do u have criminal convictions incl traffic offences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umtstest
Newly Registered

Tier 1- Do u have criminal convictions incl traffic offences

Post by umtstest » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi
I am cuurently living and working in North America and I want to apply on Tier 1 General. In the late 1980s I was a student in the UK and I had a car accident with another motorist. The case went to magistrate and court and I was made rsponsible. I don't remeber exactly what was court decision but I remember that my insurance paid compensation to the other party. However, I was never suspended and driving licence was still valid. I called UK driving licence and they told me that they don't have record. I still like to mention it in section 6.9 of Tier 1 General but I am not able to get any info. It is more than 20 years old
Please can I mention in the form that I had the accident but don't know exactly the conviction and I mention roughly the year. Is there a good wording I can use. Shall I answer yes or no
[/b]

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1- Do u have criminal convictions incl traffic offe

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:11 pm

umtstest wrote:Hi
I am cuurently living and working in North America and I want to apply on Tier 1 General. In the late 1980s I was a student in the UK and I had a car accident with another motorist. The case went to magistrate and court and I was made rsponsible. I don't remeber exactly what was court decision but I remember that my insurance paid compensation to the other party. However, I was never suspended and driving licence was still valid. I called UK driving licence and they told me that they don't have record. I still like to mention it in section 6.9 of Tier 1 General but I am not able to get any info. It is more than 20 years old
Please can I mention in the form that I had the accident but don't know exactly the conviction and I mention roughly the year. Is there a good wording I can use. Shall I answer yes or no
[/b]
As per my understanding, you don't have to mention any offenses that are now spent - Convictions spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 need not be disclosed. If your case falls under this act, then there is no need to mention it. However, you may choose to mention it if you wish and it will not affect your application.
Regards,
crowbar6