ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS procedure, no supporting documents taken

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rex

NCS procedure, no supporting documents taken

Post by Rex » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi all

I have applied for nationality today at NCS Newham under catergory: 4 yr HSMP (JR) + 1 yr ILR

I had all the documents with me including payslips, P60s and bank statement but lady at NCS did not include them in the application pack and said :

"Supporting docs are only required when your passport is not covering period of last 5 years."

Although, at the last page of application (check-list) i already had checked those documents. I understand that the check-list is for personal use and caseworker may not look at it but my worry is that my application has no supporting docs.

Did anyone else experienced this, should I be OK?

OR

Should I anyway send the additional docs when I get acknowledgement letter (with ref no.)

Please let me know your opinion.

faz123

Re: NCS procedure, no supporting documents taken

Post by faz123 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:34 pm

Rex wrote:Hi all

I have applied for nationality today at NCS Newham under catergory: 4 yr HSMP (JR) + 1 yr ILR

I had all the documents with me including payslips, P60s and bank statement but lady at NCS did not include them in the application pack and said :

"Supporting docs are only required when your passport is not covering period of last 5 years."

Although, at the last page of application (check-list) i already had checked those documents. I understand that the check-list is for personal use and caseworker may not look at it but my worry is that my application has no supporting docs.

Did anyone else experienced this, should I be OK?

OR

Should I anyway send the additional docs when I get acknowledgement letter (with ref no.)

Please let me know your opinion.
She was right, those documents are only required if you are applying 5 year after EEA rights. Not for HSMP -ILR applicants. I also took quite a few documents, but they did not take them.
The only documents required for HSMP/ILR are
1. All Passports covering the last 5 year period, 2. Back-dated letter confirming date of ILR only if provided by UKBA, 3. Life in the UK pass certificate, photograph, application form AN and payment slip/cheque. In my case I also provided copies of my driving license as I used it for identity when I took my Life in the UK test.

You do not need to provide any further documents, even if you have ticked them.

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks faz123, very much appreciated.

I too took copy of driving license but she said she has seen herself that I am the same person as in passport and photo on application form so no need of driving license either.

I am curious to know if you got a decision on your application? how long it took?

faz123

Post by faz123 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:37 am

Rex wrote:Thanks faz123, very much appreciated.

I too took copy of driving license but she said she has seen herself that I am the same person as in passport and photo on application form so no need of driving license either.

I am curious to know if you got a decision on your application? how long it took?
I applied on 9/6/10. I have not received my decision letter yet, but called them yesterday and UKBA said that decision was made last week, so should get the letter within 10 days. So waiting.

imurlove
Newly Registered

Post by imurlove » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:03 pm

good luck mate! I also applied on 9th and I was told letters are in post. This week you should receive it.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:27 pm

imurlove wrote:good luck mate! I also applied on 9th and I was told letters are in post. This week you should receive it.
wowo guys congratulation...it sound that your applications are very quick ...in which bases u did apply ??? i applied the 14th May ..and i'm still waiting !!!

good luck to everyone !!

Rex

Post by Rex » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Good luck, hope you get the good news soon. Keep us updated.

The NCS lady told me that it is taking 6-8 weeks, but could be quicker.

imurlove
Newly Registered

Post by imurlove » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:50 am

I applied from Barking NCS

imurlove
Newly Registered

Post by imurlove » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Got my approval letter today....

so end of the 'journey' :)

All the best guys who are waiting for outcome.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Got my approval letter today....

so end of the 'journey
Congratulations, but not the end of the journey .... yet! Firstly you are not British yet, not until you get handed your Certificate of Naturalisation at your Citizenship Ceremony. But even then you still have the stage of applying for a British passport, and given that will be your first adult British passport application, then attending a passport interview.

But enjoy those stages, you have no reason to be concerned by them. Indeed enjoy your Citizenship Ceremony!
John

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:52 pm

imurlove wrote:Got my approval letter today....

so end of the 'journey' :)

All the best guys who are waiting for outcome.
congratulation mate !!!! all the best !!! when did you apply please ???

imurlove
Newly Registered

Post by imurlove » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:15 pm

John, yes mate!! But hopefully no surprises in passport application.

I applied on 9th June via Barking NCS

faz123

Post by faz123 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:26 am

imurlove wrote:good luck mate! I also applied on 9th and I was told letters are in post. This week you should receive it.
Thanks imurlove. As you predicted, I received my approval letter today. The register office was closed so could not book a ceremony yet. Will call them on Monday.
Best wishes
Faz

faz123

Post by faz123 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:29 am

Rex wrote:Thanks faz123, very much appreciated.

Hi Rex, I got my approval letter today with the documents listed earlier. But i have to say that I am and employee rather than self-employed so only had to provide the Tax office reference number on the application form rather than tax self assessments or letters from accountants etc. Hopefully, you should receive your approval letter soon.
Best of Luck
Faz

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:40 am

Congrats faz, :) thats pretty quick.

faz123

Post by faz123 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Rex wrote:Congrats faz, :) thats pretty quick.
Thank Rex. Luckily, I also got my ceremony booked for the 14th July. (public ceremony- so did not need to pay private ceremony fee which is £100 per adult in my council)
You would also hopefully get your approval letter in a total of 4-5 weeks (as seems to be the current time-frame for applicants in June.)

Faz

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 pm

That's good news faz, not a long wait for ceremony at all :)

I dont know I applied through NCS on 5th July and it got there on 6th July as per royalmail but my payment has not been taken yet and also not rec. any acknowledgement.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Rex wrote:That's good news faz, not a long wait for ceremony at all :)

I dont know I applied through NCS on 5th July and it got there on 6th July as per royalmail but my payment has not been taken yet and also not rec. any acknowledgement.
it usualy take around 10 to 12 days ...to the payment to be taken ..and the Ackn ..to receive ...give it by the end of this week and you should have it...dont worry man ..:)

wish you good luck

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:43 pm

thanks joelondon. thats a relief. :)

imurlove
Newly Registered

Post by imurlove » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:21 pm

I did private ceremony yesterday (£60 at barking) and applied for passport today. Let's see how long it takes.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:41 pm

imurlove wrote:I did private ceremony yesterday (£60 at barking) and applied for passport today. Let's see how long it takes.
well done mate ...wish all the best ;)