ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short form of names in document

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smshoaib
Newly Registered

Short form of names in document

Post by smshoaib » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:41 am

Hi in my friend academic document the name is S.M.Zahid Ali (S.M stands for Syed Muhammad) and in passport and NIC its written as Syed Muhammad Zahid Ali.

Now he wants to apply for HSMP, do you think this different names can create a problem? if yes that what evidence he can provide to show that both names belongs to him?

I searched on this forum and read a comment that the guy should produce a letter stating that both names belongs to him... found two different drafts for this letter.. can anyone suggest if this is a right approach and then correct draft for this letter?

DRAFT 1:

AFFIDAVIT
I, Mr.____________________
S/O Mr.______________ Muslim, Adult, Resident of
____________________ holder of CNIC: ________________ do hereby state on oath and
affirm as under:
That my correct official and legal name is ………..while in some academic
documents it has been mentioned as………………… in short form.
That both names are same and belong to me.
That whatever has been stated above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge
and belief.

DRAFT 2:

To whomsoever it may concern

This is to certify that Mr. XXX YYY ZZZ S/o AAA BBB, born on xx-xx-xxx, residing at "residence address" is known by following names.
1. XXX YYY ZZZ
2. X YYY ZZZ

I, the undersigned Mr. XYZ, Advocate & Notary, Government of XXXX on the basis of subsequent verification and satisfactory evidence placed before me by the individual confirm that wherever the above mentioned names appear in all the documents / educational certificates / passports belong to one and the same person only.

Authorised Signatory