ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2/ ILR – question about gap in employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mouche202
Newly Registered

Tier 2/ ILR – question about gap in employment

Post by mouche202 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi,

I’m hoping senior members can provide some guidance. My husband is on Tier 2 visa with employer A. He has got a new job with Employer B who have issued the COS through their immigration agents. These agents do not do premium appointments so they will be sending the papers by post – which I guess will take at least 4-6 weeks. For some reasons employer A is not likely to retain my husband for that long. So there may be a gap between the last day of work at employer A and the stamped date of the Tier 2 for employer B.

My husband is eligible for PR and was planning to apply after starting the new job. However, will this gap be considered a gap by the home office since the postal application will reach home office before his last day at work for employer A. Basically what I am trying to find out is will Home Office consider that application was made before last day of work so no gap? Or will they see it as application was approved after last day of work so gap?

Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:01 pm

As long as the new Tier 2 application reaches UKBA before expiry of current leave, there is no gap in residency and therefore will not affect settlement application.

regards