ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applicants maintenance funds in dependants account?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

latch
Newly Registered

Applicants maintenance funds in dependants account?

Post by latch » Tue May 04, 2010 6:10 am

Hi all,

I'm about applying for tier 1(general) for my partner, however all our maintenenace funds has been in my account. It this okay considering I'm the dependant?

Or do I have to transfer some into her account.

Further, maintenance funds for the children, can they be in any account? or must they be in her account as well?

Thanks guys

karpu

Post by karpu » Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 am

Hi,

When any primary applicant is applying visa for dependents maintenance funds must be available in primary applicants account.

HO will check whether primary applicant support the dependents or not.

latch
Newly Registered

Post by latch » Wed May 05, 2010 9:16 pm

.. and what if I turn my savings account (which is where the money has been), into a joint account with my partner?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed May 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Dependents CAN show maintenance funds in their own account, not a problem at all...

children 's funds can also be shown in dependents account..

Main applicant can not show funds from dependents account

latch
Newly Registered

Post by latch » Thu May 06, 2010 10:28 am

ok, but like I said, what if all the money is in a joint account?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 06, 2010 10:39 am

Main applicant = Sole account in own name or joint account.
Adult dependent = Sole account in own name or sole account in main applicant's name or joint account.
Child dependent = Sole account in own name or sole account in either parents' name or joint account with either parent or joint account of parents.

Hope this clarifies.

regards

latch
Newly Registered

Post by latch » Thu May 06, 2010 11:32 am

definitely does ... thanks a lot

latch
Newly Registered

Help again !!!!

Post by latch » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Now what if the money has been in the dependants account for longer than 3 months, however the main applicants' name just got added as a joint account holder about a month ago .... will it be valid?

latch
Newly Registered

Post by latch » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:12 pm

anyone ...?

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:03 am

Ask your bank if the statement will show both names on each page or each month for the period you want to show the funds for. I believe, if the names are consistent on the statement for each month then you shouldn't worry.

[iD]

Re: Help again !!!!

Post by [iD] » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:50 am

latch wrote:Now what if the money has been in the dependants account for longer than 3 months, however the main applicants' name just got added as a joint account holder about a month ago .... will it be valid?
No
Goodluck.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:02 am

[iD] wrote:
latch wrote:Now what if the money has been in the dependants account for longer than 3 months, however the main applicants' name just got added as a joint account holder about a month ago .... will it be valid?
No
I think this should be fine as long as all the statement shows both the names as no date/time will be printed about the names addition on to the account.

Correct me if I am wrong...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 pm

mantasingh wrote:
[iD] wrote:
No
I think this should be fine as long as all the statement shows both the names as no date/time will be printed about the names addition on to the account.

What if they call the bank to verify?????

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:22 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
mantasingh wrote:
[iD] wrote:
No

I doubt that they will go in that detail. Even on their website they have not mentioned anything related to that...
And I think if all the documents seems perfect they don't call the banks..
Any info on this..

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 pm

mantasingh wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
mantasingh wrote:
[iD] wrote:
No

I doubt that they will go in that detail. Even on their website they have not mentioned anything related to that...
Any info on this..
What did they not mention about in their website?? About verification??? There is a program called UK Border Force and in that program they clearly show live verification done with the bank.(at a deputy high commission in India)

I dont know how it happens now. But, when I applied for HSMP, there used to be a third party verification called 'Integra Screen' verification. They checked with my employer, bank and also educational qualifications.

So, they will verify the documents in detail. :)
Last edited by aruni4470 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
mantasingh wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
mantasingh wrote:

Any info on this..
What did they not mention about in their website?? About verification???
Yaa they mentioned that the account should be in your name and it should have funds for the last 3 months. So both the criterions are met in this scenario as well.
Also it will be based upon luck that they go in that detail with the bank..

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:36 pm

mantasingh wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
mantasingh wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
Any info on this..
Yaa they mentioned that the account should be in your name and it should have funds for the last 3 months. So both the criterions are met in this scenario as well.
I would suggest you go through pages 6-8 in the below link to know about the verification process.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:52 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
mantasingh wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
mantasingh wrote:
Any info on this..
I would suggest you go through pages 6-8 in the below link to know about the verification process.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Ok, I have gone through the verification process and it seems they carry out the verification checks. But still do you think the document provided is false.. It is the smart work but I won't say it is the false document. As it clearly states the name (bank will verify it) and the account is having funds for 3 months.
What say??? I think it is pure luck to get out of this situation..
It can be rejected, or it can be granted.. based upon the mood of the case worker to whether go for verification or not..

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 pm

It definitely is making false representation. The UKBA needs you to have maintenance fund in your name or a joint account. But, adding your name to somebody else's account and claiming that you have maintenance fund for 3 months when clearly you have added your name to the account recently is fraud. For fraud, forget about being lucky to get a visa. If caught, one could be banned for 10 yrs.

If anybody wants to take a 'Chance' and want to depend on 'being lucky', you are more than welcome...

latch
Newly Registered

Post by latch » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Your not quite getting my issues here:

I HAVE AN ACCOUNT with much more than the reccommended minimums for my whole family, and the money has been there for over three months.

Its my partner who is doing tier 1 application, so I'm trying to add her as a joint account holder to MY ACCOUNT.

Theres no miss-representation going on anywhere here.

Having said that, my question should still remain valid.
[Note: we are legally married (over 6 years), and obviously the money is for the family].

However, a new issue came up today. After weeks of trying to add my wife to my account, the bank now tells me she can only be added to a current account, but NOT to a savings account (which is where I've had the money). They advised I open a new joint savings account.

What options do I have here now. Do I explain on my cover letter, and apply like that (afterall we are family)?

Or do I open a new joint account and wait another three months (dangerously close to when our papers expire)?

Please any input here will be much appreciated

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:17 pm

latch wrote:Theres no miss-representation going on anywhere here.
There is, if the primary applicant applies before completing 3 months of being added as a joint account holder. The fact being that you (dependent) have held the money in your account and are now trying to show that the primary applicant has held that money, by adding his/her name as a joint account holder. You may claim that there is no mis-representation going on anywhere only after 3 months of having the main applicant's name added to the account, but not before that.
latch wrote:Having said that, my question should still remain valid.
[Note: we are legally married (over 6 years), and obviously the money is for the family].
The money in the account is the property of the account holder and any other inference is only an implied one.
latch wrote:However, a new issue came up today. After weeks of trying to add my wife to my account, the bank now tells me she can only be added to a current account, but NOT to a savings account (which is where I've had the money). They advised I open a new joint savings account.

What options do I have here now. Do I explain on my cover letter, and apply like that (afterall we are family)?

Or do I open a new joint account and wait another three months (dangerously close to when our papers expire)?
No option but to wait for 3 months.

regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:21 pm

latch wrote:Your not quite getting my issues here:

I HAVE AN ACCOUNT with much more than the reccommended minimums for my whole family, and the money has been there for over three months.

Its my partner who is doing tier 1 application, so I'm trying to add her as a joint account holder to MY ACCOUNT.

Theres no miss-representation going on anywhere here.

Having said that, my question should still remain valid.

However, a new issue came up today. After weeks of trying to add my wife to my account, the bank now tells me she can only be added to a current account, but NOT to a savings account (which is where I've had the money). They advised I open a new joint savings account.

Please any input here will be much appreciated
You are not actually getting the point.

The UKBA does not recognise maintenance fund maintained as a Family. The maintenance fund for the main applicant should be in the main applicant's account (no matter how long you are married to each other legally). If you had enough funds in your account and added her name to your account now and claim that she maintained the funds for 3 months is misrepresentation. Sorry but, you will have to maintain the funds for 3 months on your partner's account before you can apply.

latch
Newly Registered

Post by latch » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:41 pm

While I appreciate your advice, I have one more thing to ask: isnt the whole idea of this to determine the family's financial standing, and whether or not they will recourse to public funds?

.. following this logic, does it matter where the money is?... cos while I'm currently here as her 'dependant', she actually IS my dependant. Shes just applying cos I understand I can't switch to tier one from a dependant visa without first returning to my country

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:51 pm

latch wrote:While I appreciate your advice, I have one more thing to ask: isnt the whole idea of this to determine the family's financial standing, and whether or not they will recourse to public funds?

.. following this logic, does it matter where the money is?... cos while I'm currently here as her 'dependant', she actually IS my dependant. Shes just applying cos I understand I can't switch to tier one from a dependant visa without first returning to my country
There are many immigration rules which do not seem logical (atleast to me).. But, would you go by them and get your visa or go against them and lose your application fee is upto you.
And the UKBA doesnt care who is actually dependant on who. What they really care about is who is the 'Main Applicant' and who is 'Dependant Applicant'..

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:06 pm

latch wrote: she actually IS my dependant.
No, she isn't. Your visa and stay , is tied to main applicant(her). Not other way around.

No matter how you manage your family, but as far as visa is concered, you are her dependent.