ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any one help me please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vara1
Newly Registered

Any one help me please

Post by vara1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi can any one help me please.

I will explain my situation here.

I got married to my girlfriend ( EU citizen ) in august 2006. I am a non EU.

But as all of us know during that time residency was holded because of the ireland decision of couples staying in another Eu country prior coming to ireland. But as of metock court ruling I got stamp 4 EU FAM in 2008 august for 5 years and will expire in 2013 august. Well My confusion is as under. I did not have any visa from 2006 august till 2008 july. I got a letter from immigration in 2008 august at the time of approval of my file that I was legally bound to stay in ireland since 2006 august. so my doubt is will my residency be counted from 2006 august or from the time 2008 august which was stamped in my passport. I have seperated with my wife now due to some reasons but not yet divorsed. she is still in touch with me as a friend. but she is relation with some other man. Now If i want to extend my residency in which year should i apply. or should i approach a solocitor for an advise what to do.

any one help me please :( :cry:

daddy
Member of Standing

we need more clarification to give a better answer

Post by daddy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Firstl, when did you come to Ireland and what was your immigration status at the time of your marriage?

vara1
Newly Registered

Re: we need more clarification to give a better answer

Post by vara1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:36 pm

daddy wrote:Firstl, when did you come to Ireland and what was your immigration status at the time of your marriage?
I came to ireland as a student in 2005 jan. And was having visa till i got married. But I didnt extended my student visa after I married.