ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jwill55
Newly Registered

Bank Statements Question

Post by jwill55 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:32 pm

Quick question on the bank statements: My bank statements (Bank of America) were mailed to me by the bank. They are not on company letterhead even though they were generated and mailed directly from the bank; however, the only thing that's missing is the logo of the bank. Everything else (all the information) is there such as the name of the bank, the date, the account number, the name of the account holder, etc. (So, I'm not even sure if this is considered a company letterhead or not.)

Nonetheless, I still took the statements to an actual branch and had each page stamped, dated, and signed. The stamp is not a traditional round stamp but rather a large, rectangular one, which reads the following:

"We hereby certify that this is a true and correct copy of the original instrument executed by the herein named parties. Bank of America, N.A."

There is no additional letter or anything else supporting. Do you think this is sufficient?

Thanks!

PS: God, these unclear instructions and incredibly specific requirements make everyone question their applications and documents submitted, including myself!

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Bank Logo is a must, and sign and seal is MANDATORY!

jwill55
Newly Registered

Post by jwill55 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi adityak77,

the instructions state that it must be on company stationary. The statements that I have are on company stationary. This particular stationary doesn't have the bank logo.

Plus, each page is stamped and signed. I described the type of stamp in my original message.

So, your reply just repeats what's in the instructions and what I have already stated in my original message as something that I already know, but doesn't answer my question.

Thanks anyway!

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:31 pm

jwill55 wrote:Hi adityak77,

the instructions state that it must be on company stationary. The statements that I have are on company stationary. This particular stationary doesn't have the bank logo.

Plus, each page is stamped and signed. I described the type of stamp in my original message.

So, your reply just repeats what's in the instructions and what I have already stated in my original message as something that I already know, but doesn't answer my question.

Thanks anyway!
Sorry mate, my bad!
Coming to your Q, there have been cases where ECO has rejected visa(s) simply because of the fact that bank statements had missing logo.
Do you still want to take that chance?

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:48 am

adityak77 wrote:
jwill55 wrote:Hi adityak77,

Thanks anyway!
Sorry mate, my bad!
Coming to your Q, there have been cases where ECO has rejected visa(s) simply because of the fact that bank statements had missing logo.
Do you still want to take that chance?
Right... Try to submit the best possible evidences. "Bank Stationary" is a generic name. It is usually expected that on a Corporate office Stationary the following things are mandatory

Logo
Name
Address
Phone / Fax

Atleast the first 3 objects are mandatory.

If you open up a Bank, will you not include ur Logo on the stationary or anything for that matter, whether it be scribble pad, letter pad, Gifts that you give to ur customer (PEN or Wall mounts or clocks) ???

It is worth the try. Ask the bank again. If they say that this is the official stationary that they use across all the offices, then go ahead. Make sure you mention this in Cover Letter as a one or two liner.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

jwill55
Newly Registered

Post by jwill55 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Hey guys,

thanks for all the help. I have actually sent my documents a couple of days ago. So, there is no chance to do what you are suggesting.

These are actually the statements that I have specifically requested from Bank of America. The pages of special scan marks, barcodes and all. It just doesn't have the logo.

My question is; let's assume that the logo is a problem, do you think the fact that I had every single page stamped and signed by the bank is sufficient evidence? What's your opinion? The instructions say that "if it is not on the stationary, you have to have it stamped and signed." In my case;

a. It could still be considered the stationary of the bank, which it is..
b. Even if it is not, every page is stamped and signed.

What do you think?

Thanks again!

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Post by tkumarp » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Banks stmts should be on official bank stationary bearing the seal and sign....
Plz do not take a chance to be on safer side walk-in to the bank request for stmt tell them that you need it for submitting to the embassy.
If they are not willing to give the same request for a supporting letter atleast with on letter head.