ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit overstay

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eternalbliss
Newly Registered

EEA family permit overstay

Post by eternalbliss » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:19 am

hi everyone

I hope someone can help me in my situation. I am the non-eu spouse of an eea national (lithuania). I had an EEA family permit which 'expired' way back in 2006. I have two kids and I couldnt apply for extension since my wife was visiting her country frequently for medical reasons. She also gave birth twice in her country and was away for 6 months on each occasion. I am the bread earner of the family and since the kids were growing up she couldnt take up work for obvious reasons. My wife used to work when my family permit was still valid but left her job due to her depression and then I found work.

I have a number of questions and would be so grateful is someone could help me out of my dilemma.

1. Can I still apply for a residence card and if so which forms would be suitable for me?

2. Can she be self-sufficient under my income? If so, which is the right private health insurance to purchase?

3. Am I classified as an overstayer under EU Law and would I be removed from the country if I apply for the residence as I havent applied for such a long time?

I would appreciate anyone's advice on this and how to proceed. I am really stressed as I am in a difficult situation and dont really know what to do as solicitors charge exorbitant rates for advice.

Grateful in advance.

Thank you