ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant address different in passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asal
BANNED

Dependant address different in passport

Post by asal » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi,I am going to apply tier1 general dependant visa.The address in my passport and wife's is different.Is there any issue on this?

Also please let me know for muslim people what would be the valid document to show both of us married.

Wakf board letter is enough?

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:40 pm

1. Different address in the passport is not an issue.

2. Regarding marriage certificate, you will need to register your marriage with the local authorities (registrar of marriages) and get a certificate of marriage.

regards

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:43 pm

thanks for your reply.

For muslims there is no registraiton of marraige as per the law in india.

But i can get letter from wakf board?Is that valid?
thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:57 pm

In that case, you will have to get your marriage solemnized / registered in an Indian civil court and get a certificate issued. Wakf board letters / certificates and nikah namas are not accepted by UK as evidence of marriage.

regards

Midas
Newly Registered

Post by Midas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:58 pm

We applied with different adresses on passport and there was no problem, however it would be good idea to attach as much evidence as you can which proves that you are living togather,for instance photographs since marriage and therafter of important events.

If your Nikhanama is in Urdu than you can get it transalated in English and endorsed it from Oath commissioner. That will do ....It did for me

Good Luck