ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last minute lifeline wanted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beanjay1
Newly Registered

Last minute lifeline wanted

Post by beanjay1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:37 pm

My partners Unmarried Partners (Settlement) Visa expires on 23 July (ten days away). She passed the Life in the UK test and filled out the application form at the beginning of this month. All supporting documents are complete and in order with the exception of her Barclays Bank statement which was applied for two weeks ago. Barclays say they are not obliged to provide a statement and will only give her a cash point printout. This is not accepted as a legal document by the Border Agency. We have tried every possible tactic to get the statement from Barclays and called all their help lines to no avail. I see from Internet web sites that Barclays have a dreadful reputation for this sort of thing and that one customer only got a statement of his account six months after asking for it and chasing it continually.

What can we do? Even a Visa extension requires the bank statement so that is not an option either. Would the Border Agency be sympathetic if we supplied the printout that we were given together with a covering letter? I think not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as we are now desperate as time is almost up.

bean

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Is the account one of those where in the bank doesn't issue paper statements? If not, the bank cannot refuse to provide you with duplicate statements (free or at a charge).

regards

beanjay1
Newly Registered

Post by beanjay1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Thank you for your reply sushdmehta. I have now been told by someone who has been through the same thing that the Border Agency will accept the printout as long as it is certified by the bank. I just hope and pray that this information is correct.

Unfortunately the banks can do pretty much what they like but we are taking the matter up with the Banking Ombudsman and the Chief Executive of Barclays as well as closing the account.

Thanks again

bean

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Ask the bank to stamp and sign the printed statement. ILR applications for spouse focus more on the evidence that the relationship is continuing rather than finance.

beanjay1
Newly Registered

Post by beanjay1 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Thank you for that info Casa. We were careful to keep all evidence during the two years that we have been here. We have more than is asked for but are submitting it all.

I will come back to the board and give the outcome of the application as soon as we get it.

Thanks to all.
bean