ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is checked by Nationality Checking Service?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rg1
Member of Standing

What is checked by Nationality Checking Service?

Post by rg1 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:27 am

I am about to submit my British Citizenship application after already spending more than 1 year with ILR status.

As I don't want to send my passport via post, I'd opt for Nationality Checking service in my town (their phone no is always busy so not sure when I'll be able to speak with them!)

What do they actually check?

Just my passport? Do I need to show Life in UK test certificate as well? (I passed that before applying for ILR)

:?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:39 am

8You need to show everything that you would show in a normal application.

The NCS are going to check the basics:

1) That your form is filled out correctly - including that you've signed it
2) That you have all the required documents
3) That you're making the right application
4) That you were in the country precisely 5 (or 3) years before your application will reach the HO.
5) That you've included the payment details.

They are then going to take your documents, copy them, and certify the copies, leaving you with the originals.

In essence - they are going to help you eliminate the obvious errors you might make, as well as allowing you to retain your documents.

M.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:58 am

That you were in the country precisely 5 (or 3) years before your application will reach the HO.
Is the date of submission in NCS or reaching HO?

That means I need to avoid few days to make sure in no way it overlaps with my holiday trips outside UK!

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 pm

date as it reached HO as per guidance notes (Form AN10)...section 2 page 4 3rd to last paragraph
rg1 wrote:
That you were in the country precisely 5 (or 3) years before your application will reach the HO.
Is the date of submission in NCS or reaching HO?

That means I need to avoid few days to make sure in no way it overlaps with my holiday trips outside UK!

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:20 pm

filling the form AN aint exactly rocket science. I wonder why people choose to throw their money away. If its convictions you're not sure about check the guidance on the UKBA website or post queries on forums like this. If you dont want to send your originals to the homeoffice get them certified by a solicitor for a fraction of the amount you would pay the NCS. I certified everything..i.e. passport and LUIK test certificate and kept all my originals. Keep your dosh

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:11 pm

The cost of NCS is minimal when you take into into the Idiot spammer it cuts out. Especially when you take into account the cost of Special Delivery delivery if you post it direct.

Also, from the UKBA website, relating to NCS :-
last year only 2% of applications made this way were unsuccessful. This compares with 10% refusals for other applications;
Given the cost of the Citizenship application is many times greater than the NCS fee, it seems to me to be a good "insurance premium" to pay the NCS fee, to greatly reduce the chance of rejection by UKBA.
John