ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/Settlement applications - BHC India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:08 pm

highhorse

hi mate .. i will still hang around and read this forum as i think its quite interesting myself

i was the same as you thinking of all the different things they may have refused on (i still dont know if the visa has been granted)

personaly i think my application was very simple and straightforwards

Took no advice from a solicited beforehand, did all the paperwork myself

Did not look at this forum before submitting my doc's etc .. as reading this makes you more worried when you read refusal stories your own mind thinks "what if"

Financially i would say i am ok .. depends on what your definition of ok is .. stable job for the last 3 years region of 30k pay savings of around approx the same split over various accounts

highhorse

Post by highhorse » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:59 pm

jatinderw wrote:highhorse

hi mate .. i will still hang around and read this forum as i think its quite interesting myself

i was the same as you thinking of all the different things they may have refused on (i still dont know if the visa has been granted)

personaly i think my application was very simple and straightforwards

Took no advice from a solicited beforehand, did all the paperwork myself

Did not look at this forum before submitting my doc's etc .. as reading this makes you more worried when you read refusal stories your own mind thinks "what if"

Financially i would say i am ok .. depends on what your definition of ok is .. stable job for the last 3 years region of 30k pay savings of around approx the same split over various accounts
thanks, thats quite a bit more than what i make..eek :? i wish they would give you a bit more of an idea on what exactly is expected financially! i was self employed last year showing with about 10'000 profit and tax credits topping me up to 15,000 and that wasnt bad considering i was in india for 3 months, this year i projected a bit more but also took on extra emplyed work as well as self employed making it about 20,000, but some of its projected as always in self employment and some of its guaranteed (employment and tax credits). no savings at all as the cost of travelling backwards an forwards to india 3 times in less than six months and all the costs associated with that cleaned me out. i explained this though. i think you are right, reading these forums does make you panic a bit! i dont know :?: what sort of finance does everyone else have? thanks for helping everyone! :shock:

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:10 pm

to be honest i wouldnt worry about how much you have in the bank as long as you are not living in overdrafts etc ..

what you have said seems to be more than enough... i think the concern is that you are getting a regular income and theres nothing untoward happening.

i kept it real simple to be honest

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:22 am

Hi

Just to update all. Have received the call from BHC and they asked me to submit the copy of my husband's passport bcoz they want me to send for medical. Lets hope for the best.

Highhorse have you received any info from BHC.

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi Guys ...

Update for you

After all the waiting my wife got her visa .. picked it up a little while ago . she will be joining me end of next week.

Good luck to everyone else .. i will still keep checking here and give any advice or answer any questions if needed.

Like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders

highhorse

Post by highhorse » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:25 pm

anki2003 wrote:Hi

Just to update all. Have received the call from BHC and they asked me to submit the copy of my husband's passport bcoz they want me to send for medical. Lets hope for the best.

no, i feel like i have the weight of the world still on my shoulders and it doesnt seem to end. :cry: congrats to you all guys!

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:16 pm

highhorse wrote:

no, i feel like i have the weight of the world still on my shoulders and it doesnt seem to end. :cry: congrats to you all guys!
HI

Dont worry dear you will hear something by today evening or by next week. M sure.

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:17 pm

jatinderw wrote:Hi Guys ...

Update for you

After all the waiting my wife got her visa .. picked it up a little while ago . she will be joining me end of next week.

Good luck to everyone else .. i will still keep checking here and give any advice or answer any questions if needed.

HI,

CONGRATS AND ALL THE BEST

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi,

Just checked. Status changed to Medical envelop in transit1 .

Hope will get the visa soon.

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:12 pm

congrats that should be straight forward
Application submitted - 13/04/10
Under process at BHC - New Delhi - 19/04/10
Medical Envelope inTransit - 25/06/10
Medical Envelope Collected on - 28/06/10
Visa App Under Process At BHC - 07/07/10
Visa received - 08/07/10

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:16 pm

jatinderw wrote:Hi Guys ...

Update for you

congrats

my wife will be arriving on Monday. the waiting is finally over.

good luck to all who are waiting.
Visa received - 08/07/10

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:19 am

Hi

just wanted to know from where we can collect the medical letter from vfs or BHC. It is showing online medical envelop in transit.

highhorse

Post by highhorse » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:32 am

just wanted to know from where we can collect the medical letter from vfs or BHC. It is showing online medical envelop in transit.
hi
i dont know about that as i havent had one yet! but what i did want to ask is when did you apply and is your case straightforward and good financies?
congrats on getting the medical, i hear its a good sign!

jatinderw

Post by jatinderw » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:45 am

Guy you get the medical from the VFS centre where you applied

from that there is a letter inside giving you a couple of Dr's that you can go to in Delhi you just ring them up .. an appointment is not necessary. You just turn up between the opening times, straightforward.

Pay the fee to the Dr and thats that .. they will forward the paperwork onto the BHC and you should get your passport back approx 1 week after

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:18 am

jatinderw wrote:Guy you get the medical from the VFS centre where you applied

from that there is a letter inside giving you a couple of Dr's that you can go to in Delhi you just ring them up .. an appointment is not necessary. You just turn up between the opening times, straightforward.

Pay the fee to the Dr and thats that .. they will forward the paperwork onto the BHC and you should get your passport back approx 1 week after
Hi,

Thanks dear. will do the same.

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:24 am

highhorse wrote:

hi
i dont know about that as i havent had one yet! but what i did want to ask is when did you apply and is your case straightforward and good financies?
HI

i applied from new delhi on 4th may 2010, yes my case was straightforward. if possible contact the vfs is your visa is underprocess as far as i know u applied before me.

highhorse

Post by highhorse » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:08 pm

anki2003 wrote:
highhorse wrote:

hi
HI

i applied from new delhi on 4th may 2010, yes my case was straightforward. if possible contact the vfs is your visa is underprocess as far as i know u applied before me.
hi yes we did, looks like we might be looking at a refusal then. :cry:

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:26 pm

highhorse

pls dont lose hope. Go to Vfs if possible and ask them what is happening.
Atleast we can try from our side.

jdhuphar

Post by jdhuphar » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:43 pm

highhorse wrote: hi yes we did, looks like we might be looking at a refusal then. :cry:
I dont think so. the amount of time to process and refusal and approval is the same. jatinderw applied after me but got desision before. so its not that clear cut. don't worry about your finances they should be ok.
Visa received - 08/07/10

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi,

just to update got the medical letter today. wating finally over :lol:

ja.big.bro
Newly Registered

Post by ja.big.bro » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Hello to you all.
I am seeking advise for a friend who had his flr(m) application refused 2weeks ago with no right to appeal, he has being told by the Home Office to return home and re-apply to re-join his family here in the UK. He has overstayed for 8years, now he intends to go back home and re-apply on application form VAF4.
There are some questions on the application he need advise on :

(1)6.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK ?
(2)6.6 Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any any country, including the UK in the last 10 years ?

also can he apply online here in the UK before he return home for is applicatin to be processed ?

Your advise will be well apreciated, thanks in advance.

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumaruk » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Applied Settlement visa for my Wife

Applied on 02 June 2010 in Chennai Embassy
Today 14 July 2010 - Still under Process (30 Working days over)

Anyone who applied in Chennai embassy for Settlement visa and got their Stamping? please post how much time they took?

bhaz
Newly Registered

Visa in process since June

Post by bhaz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi everyone, wanted to say thank you to all those who post on here. Hopefully my experiences can help others too.

I actually suffered due to a new marriage registration law in Gurgaon, which asks for the British Embassy to prove my domicile status. The problem is, this is impossible in the UK - domicile status is a tax status term, where as in India it simply means residence. So DON'T register your marriage in gurgaon if one of you is not Indian! Go to delhi.

APPLIED AT VFS DELHI for my fiancee visa.
Last edited by bhaz on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:57 pm

ajaykumaruk wrote:Applied Settlement visa for my Wife

Applied on 02 June 2010 in Chennai Embassy
Today 14 July 2010 - Still under Process (30 Working days over)

Anyone who applied in Chennai embassy for Settlement visa and got their Stamping? please post how much time they took?

Isn't it generally 60 working days? 30 seems a tad too soon :?

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:14 am

hi,

settlement visa may take upto 12 weeks. you can also check the with vfs site and their processing by selecting your city.

ric highhorse any news??