ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

writing in cover letter about a colleague who got same visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

poor_soul

writing in cover letter about a colleague who got same visa

Post by poor_soul » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:03 am

one of my office colleague got Tier 1 General visa last year. is it a good idea to mention that in my cover letter? i would want to mention it so that the assessing offer know: i m from such an organization people of which have already been awarded the same visa

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Post by tkumarp » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:01 am

I think mentioning his name is not helpful in anyway, rather you better submit letters or certificates received in relavent to your work performance, bonuses, apprisial etc.. these will add extra impression for the BHC officer.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: writing in cover letter about a colleague who got same v

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:42 am

poor_soul wrote:one of my office colleague got Tier 1 General visa last year. is it a good idea to mention that in my cover letter? i would want to mention it so that the assessing offer know: i m from such an organization people of which have already been awarded the same visa
Unfortunately references don't work..so please avoid it..good luck!!