ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When's the earliest I can enter the UK on Tier4 visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pb80
Newly Registered

When's the earliest I can enter the UK on Tier4 visa?

Post by pb80 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi,

I have an admission offer from a UK university for a postgraduate course that starts in Oct'2010. When's the earliest I can enter the country (UK) if I apply for a Student (Tier 4) visa now? I intend to travel a little early to make accommodation arrangements etc. Can I travel as early as a month prior to the start of the course?

Please advise.

Thanks,
PB

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 am

Did UKBA confirm that you cannot study on Tier 1 (General)?

To answer your question, see When can you come?

regards

pb80
Newly Registered

Post by pb80 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:57 am

I did email them yesterday, but haven't heard back so far. I'll definitely post their reply here whenever I get that.

I'm actually in a dilemma. As I understand it, for switching from HSMP to Tier-1 dependent also, I'll have to apply from my home country. Please refer to this page. Please advise if you think I have understood it wrong.

The reason I had asked if I could study on Tier1 or Tier1 dependent was so that I don't have to leave the country (UK) to apply for a Student visa from my home country. If I have to return to my home country even for Tier1 dependent, then I would prefer taking a Student Visa instead.

Would be grateful if you could pls let me know your thoughts on this.

pb80
Newly Registered

Post by pb80 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:05 pm

2. Another issue I see with studying on Tier1-dependent is that if my husband's visa status changes anytime during the course, i'm not sure how that would affect me. He would be applying for ILR next year in May. If, by any chance, his application gets rejected, i may have to leave the country before finishing the course.

3. Another question - His Indian passport expires in Oct'2010. Although he would be applying for renewal, I would be able to provide photocopies of his old passport only if and when I apply for Tier 1 dependent. Do you think this could be an issue? Or I should wait till his passport is renewed?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:10 pm

To change to Tier 4 or dependent of Tier 1 (from a Tier 1 migrant) you'll need to return to home country.

regards