ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 pm

MashAllah and Congratulations to Brother Shahbaz and family.

:D
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

billo

Post by billo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Corsa786 wrote:Salaam everyone, got papers from husband, visa got refused not on property.
It says you have stated ur sponser will maintain u in the uk, u have stated they have income of £1000 per month. U havesubmitted ur sponsers bank statements from Yorkshire bank as evidence of their finances. The bank statements submitted fail to show deposits or regular transactions that reflect the amounts claimed as earnings. On the balance of probaility I am not satisfied that ur sponser is in reciept of the income as claimed I am there for not satisfied that u will adequately maintained in the uk without public funds.

I get paid cash, my working hours are 9-5 haven't got time to go to bank each month so I deposit when I can. The bank statements show the cash I put in.

They even rang my work to confirm employment. I sent wage slips and employment letter.

Can someone advise me what to do? Batleykhan!
Now, I 'm not an immigration advisor, but this is what I would do. I would get a letter from your employer which confirms that you are paid in cash every month (whatever date it is that they pay you). Then explain that you do not deposit the money straight away. Do you put in the bank the exact amount that is on your pay slips? If not then also explain that you do not deposit all of the money, keep some for your expenses etc and deposit the rest.
Basicaly explain everything in your appeal, and Inshallah they may overturn the decision. remember you only have 28 days form receipt of your refusal notice to appeal.
hope this helps

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Also congratuations to all those who have had visas stuck into green passports :D
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Actually I didn't get exactly the same reply - I just checked.

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for your email of 01/07/10 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. Applications for settlement in the UK are processed by our visa section in London. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that it is under consideration. Once a decision has been reached your documents will be returned to the Visa Application Centre (Gerry’s). They will contact you as soon as they receive them. If you have any further enquiries about your application please send them to UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk .

Yours sincerely

Visa Enquiry Desk

The meaning is the same :P
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:17 am

Hey guys I've been following up on this forum for a couple of months now. Applied for a settlement status visa from Islamabad on the 26/05/2010, haven't gotten any updates on it yet. I just wanted to know a few things I guess. My wife and I have been in a relationship for over 6 years, and got married in April this year. We submitted around 105 pictures, covering all the years we've been together, etc, but didn't submit any phone records, as we communicate only via skype! My wife is a doctor, and works for the NHS, also her accomodation tenancy expires this august, and she'll be moving to another city to do work (obviously she doesn't have the tenancy agreement for that apartment yet). So all in all we just submitted the last couple of months that were left in the current agreement. Wanted to know if we've gone wrong somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:20 am

Sorry I forgot to mention, we did submit e-mail records dated 2006/2007/2008, and a few birthday/g'luck cards. Btw I have studied myself from the U.K. Did my Bachelors in a business degree, and managed to score a 2.1, don't know if that would help, but was in the U.K for over 4 years, so we spent a lot of time together while being there too, so didn't need to e-mail each other much.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:39 am

Salam to all members:)

Qasim where have you gone mate?????? :roll:
Have'nt seen you around for a while :roll:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:35 pm

billo wrote:
Corsa786 wrote:Salaam everyone, got papers from husband, visa got refused not on property.
It says you have stated ur sponser will maintain u in the uk, u have stated they have income of £1000 per month. U havesubmitted ur sponsers bank statements from Yorkshire bank as evidence of their finances. The bank statements submitted fail to show deposits or regular transactions that reflect the amounts claimed as earnings. On the balance of probaility I am not satisfied that ur sponser is in reciept of the income as claimed I am there for not satisfied that u will adequately maintained in the uk without public funds.

I get paid cash, my working hours are 9-5 haven't got time to go to bank each month so I deposit when I can. The bank statements show the cash I put in.

They even rang my work to confirm employment. I sent wage slips and employment letter.

Can someone advise me what to do? Batleykhan!
Corsa786,

I agree with the comments made earlier by Billo.

I think you should get a letter from your employer. as you were declined on income grounds, i think i would be useful to get the employer to write something like this person has been refused on income but we would like to confirm, as we did in our previous letter, person x is employed by us and person x gets paid cash on a weekly/monthly basis etc etc. if your employer was contacted by UKBA to verify employment, they it maybe worhtwhile for them to include this statement too.

you would probably need to support the employment letter with your own letter/solicitor letter (BatleyK can advise) where you should explain you worked 9-5 and didnt get time for regualar deposits into your account/you took your living expenses out and THEN deposited money into the account hence why the wage slip and bank figures dont match.

basically, you need to look at their refusal in detail and address the points exactly.

you may want to think about including an updated bank statement and the more recent wage slips (latest P60) to show you still have a job/stable income.

Did you have enough money in your account at time of application?

BatleyKhan - what do you think?

Insha Allah - its a difficult time and i do dua Allah gives you and your partner sabr and your decision is overturned quickly.

NAZ786

Aoq, Every1

Post by NAZ786 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:15 pm

Aoq,

Just like to know people that applied in May, have your employers been contacted please do let me know?

Inshallah making dua for every1 may Allah (SWT) give good news to everyone on this forum Inshallah! :D
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

humtum

Empolyeer

Post by humtum » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:44 pm

I applied for my wife on 19/05 in Mitpur and as far as I know my employer has not been contacted yet [/quote]

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:53 pm

salaam all

jus thort i wud give you an update on processing times for Mirpur VAC, I know someone who applied start of March and have only jus received their reply after 18 wks of waiting, thankfully they issued the visa so at least the long wait paid off.

c4_2007

Re: Aoq, Every1

Post by c4_2007 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:27 pm

NAZ786 wrote:Aoq,

Just like to know people that applied in May, have your employers been contacted please do let me know?

Inshallah making dua for every1 may Allah (SWT) give good news to everyone on this forum Inshallah! :D
My HR was sent an email on the 29th June - HR emailed them back the next day ( I was CCed into the email).

Have been asking UKBA to confirm if response was receievd but they can't be bothered to reply.
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

yaz107
Newly Registered

Post by yaz107 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the posts of congrats.

The decision on my husband's application was made on 21 June and he was called on 9 July - thats around 3 weeks after decision was made.

This is our second application. Our first application made on 8th Feb 2010 as refused on 3rd March 2010 because of lack of evidence. I had no experience of visa applications and did not think to include phone records or emails.

So in our second application everything was the same except we printed off all text messages and he got a letter from his phone provider saying there was contact between his and my number. I had no records as I was on pay as you go.

Also, I did statements explaining our relationship and the four year gap between engagement and marriage. I did a statement from myself, my husband, my aunt and my father. Also I work in a firm of solicitors and my solicitor did a statement saying I am an honest person and have mentioned the relationship to her throughout the years so she believes it is genuine - I am sure the fact that she is a solicitor under oath helps.

Apart from that I gave the usual:

Application form
His passport
His photo
Certified copy of all pages in my passport
Nikaah nama with english translation
wedding photos
copy flight ticket to Dubai (a week's holiday after marriage)
letter from my employer
P60s for last six years
wage slips for last six years
bank statements for both my accounts
Tenancy agreement for my flat and council tax bill

note: one of my bank accounts was actually a couple fo hundred pound in overdraft and the other only had a few hundred pounds in it but they did not make an issue of this.

Also, my employers were not contacted.

yaz107
Newly Registered

Post by yaz107 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:58 pm

congratulations Shahbaz - told you it wouldn't be long now!

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:22 pm

my brother in law received a text TODAY from ukvac in islamabad to collect his passport.

Applied 10.05.2010
Islamabad VAC.
Settlement visa.

Islamabad VAC made a mistake and didn't charge him any visa fees so this could be the reason for quicker response??

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Alhamdulellah - my status change to "Your application is ready for collection..."

Though it took exactly 9 weeks and 6 days but I am a bit worried; looking at the trend my decision was quicker than others who submitted in the same time as me. But whatever the decision "Alhamdulellah", I submit to Allah's will and whatever He distant for me is best inshallah.

On that note, if the application failed what should I tell my wife to do? i.e:
  • Does she still collect all the documents from the VAC
    Send me the refusal letter
    Send me all the docs
    Do I do the apeal from here the UK? OR does it have to be done from Pakistan?
And if the visa is stamped, I know she will get most of the supporting docs that we submitted including the passport, but what else she should make sure to get from the VAC? i.e.: her TB certificate, I dont know what else....

May Allah help us all
Last edited by z4ydi on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:23 pm

z4ydi wrote:Alhamdulellah - my status change to "Your application is ready for collection..."

Though it took exactly 9 weeks and 6 days but I am a bit worried; looking at the trend my decision was quicker than others who submitted in the same time as me. But whatever the decision "Alhamdulellah", I submit to Allah's will and whatever He distant for me is best inshallah.

On that note, if the application failed what should I tell my wife to do? i.e:
  • Does she still collect all the documents from the VAC
    Send me the refusal letter
    Send me all the docs
    Do I do the apeal from here the UK? OR does it have to be done from Pakistan?
And if the visa is stamped, I know she will get most of the supporting docs that we submitted including the passport, but what else she should make sure to get from the VAC? i.e.: her TB certificate, I dont know what else....

May Allah help us all
[/code]
you missed my respose(see above). Seems like everyone is going to get a response if they applied nearer 10th may!!

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:26 pm

sajidmahmood - But is he issued a visa? As you stated his situation looks problematic not paying the fee - Allah knows best. May He SWT make easy for all of us inshallah.

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:33 pm

z4ydi wrote:sajidmahmood - But is he issued a visa? As you stated his situation looks problematic not paying the fee - Allah knows best. May He SWT make easy for all of us inshallah.
We will find out tomorrow!

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Is the VAC open tomorrow Friday, Is 3pm the collection time in Islamabad VAC?

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Aoq, z4ydi

Inshallah you will hear good news please let me know the outcome of your application! they should give you all the documents back not to worry. If they gave you a specific time to collect, then you should go and collect your application/passport at that time. So not to worry my dua's are with you inshallah!

Did they contact your employer if your P60 and payslips match the bank statements that's fine, they do not contact employer's sometimes, but it's up to them whether they feel the need to contact your employer. Maybe your case is straight forward that's why you got quick response inshallah. I applied end May Islamabad. :D
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:11 pm

NAZ786 - Jazakallahu khyran, When a muslim makes dua for another muslim Allah SWT appoints an Angle who says: the same blessing be distant to you - so a muslim will never be shy to make dua for her/his muslim brothers and sisters, it is a win, win situation for the one who make the dua.

No they have not contacted my employer and I dont think my case was very straight forward either, because of a previous marriage etc. But I only pray that Allah SWT will bring khyr my way, and whatever the outcome Alhamdulellah.

My question is: Is the VAC in Islamabad open tomorrow and what time should my wife be there, because she has to travel 8 hours by car to be there so I need to know the time that they hand out passports

k_khan

Post by k_khan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:37 pm

hey jus a quik update i just cheked the status of the application and says ready for collection plz pray for me!
good luck 2 evry1 else

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:41 pm

AOA 786

K_khan
when did you submitd your application and which VAC and what type of visa you applied? if settlement then tell me did UBKA contect your employer?

Allah SWT will give good news to all of us inshalAllah and ameen.

Jazak Allah khair

k_khan

Post by k_khan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:03 pm

hi
i submitted the application on 10/05
and it was a spouse visa app
also they contacted my employer on the 1/07