ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation: 90 day rule exemptions?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sama

Post by sama » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Took about 3 months.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:45 pm

sama wrote:Took about 3 months.
one question...how did they find out about the absence ????
did you montion it on the form ????

sama

Post by sama » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:15 pm

John,

I have applied for UK Naturalisation in Jan 2010. Early march I received refusal letter stating that I have been out of country for more than 450 (I was away on business trips for about 825 days) days in the last 5 years (Between Jan 2010 and Jan 2005).

I was under the assumption that since my application was refused and no right of appeal, my case would have been closed. To my surprise I have received letter from HO/UKBA inviting me for interview about my immigration status at Eaton House, Hounslow.

Between now and Jan 2010, I had applied for and received my wife's ILR and also my baby's British passport. I had sent my passport long with my wife's ILR and baby's British passport application forms.

In March, 2008, my wife received her Spouse Settlement Visa for 2 years. I had sent my passport copies along with the application in india.

Today I have been interviewed that went on for about an hour.

They were satisfied that
- I havent breached any of Work Permit conditions and obtained my ILR.
- All the 825 days of absences were after obtaining my ILR (in May 2005).
- All the absences were between Jan 2010 and Jan 2005.

Interviewing officer has retained my passport for further investigation and gave interview slot in two weeks time when they return the passport.

I am concerned will my ILR be revoked, will my wife's ILR and baby's British passport be revoked as well?

I have now brought a property and setup my own business and dont claim a penny from public funds.

I am suprised that they are looking keenly into my application/passport now but not before when I had sent my passport to them on 3 different occassions.

what do you reckon john?

thanks
Sama.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:09 pm

sama wrote:John,

I have applied for UK Naturalisation in Jan 2010. Early march I received refusal letter stating that I have been out of country for more than 450 (I was away on business trips for about 825 days) days in the last 5 years (Between Jan 2010 and Jan 2005).

I was under the assumption that since my application was refused and no right of appeal, my case would have been closed. To my surprise I have received letter from HO/UKBA inviting me for interview about my immigration status at Eaton House, Hounslow.

Between now and Jan 2010, I had applied for and received my wife's ILR and also my baby's British passport. I had sent my passport long with my wife's ILR and baby's British passport application forms.

In March, 2008, my wife received her Spouse Settlement Visa for 2 years. I had sent my passport copies along with the application in india.

Today I have been interviewed that went on for about an hour.

They were satisfied that
- I havent breached any of Work Permit conditions and obtained my ILR.
- All the 825 days of absences were after obtaining my ILR (in May 2005).
- All the absences were between Jan 2010 and Jan 2005.

Interviewing officer has retained my passport for further investigation and gave interview slot in two weeks time when they return the passport.

I am concerned will my ILR be revoked, will my wife's ILR and baby's British passport be revoked as well?

I have now brought a property and setup my own business and dont claim a penny from public funds.

I am suprised that they are looking keenly into my application/passport now but not before when I had sent my passport to them on 3 different occassions.

what do you reckon john?

thanks
Sama.
I would suggest you enter this query on its own thread possiby in the ILR forum.
If you didnt supply any fraudelent documents or if you didnt conceal any infor for your ILR application then I would say dont worry about it too much.

sama

Post by sama » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:53 pm

I havent provided any wrong information to obtain my ILR. My only concern is that if HO considers i have violated my ILR condition by being out of the UK and visiting couple of times a year.

ta
Sama

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:58 pm

sama wrote:I havent provided any wrong information to obtain my ILR. My only concern is that if HO considers i have violated my ILR condition by being out of the UK and visiting couple of times a year.

ta
Sama
hello mate ...did you mention your days out of the uk on the British citizenship application form : 825 days ?>?????

sama

Post by sama » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:42 am

yes i did. I dont think i have breached any of the ILR conditions.

I suspect, they might be doubting my intentions, making UK as home, after issuing ILR as I was away from the UK for 825 days (nearly two years) in the last 5 years.

I guess this could be their possible line of investigation.

sama

Post by sama » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:11 pm

Anybody any thoughts on my case pls?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:23 pm

sama wrote:Anybody any thoughts on my case pls?
Here.

regards