ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

completing MN1 form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coco2010
Newly Registered

completing MN1 form

Post by coco2010 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:39 pm

hie, we got ILR 0n the 22nd of June and now wanting to apply for citizenship for our two daughters who were born here. i have two quections:

1. on the refence page of the mn1 form my gp. health visitor and nurse have declined to sign because they do not want to disclose their passport numbers. what should i do the children are 2years and 8 months i have nobody else who knows the children on a professional basis.

2. Our eldest daughter was born in South African can i apply for citizenship now and if so what are the chances that it will be granted . she is 15 and has been here for 8 years.

thank you

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:10 pm

the health visitor/nurse doesnt need to be a british citizen. all you need is to get a second referee who is a british citizen, this can be a friend of yours who has known your daughters for 2 years.

I am not sure about your second daughter though

coco2010
Newly Registered

Post by coco2010 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:14 pm

hie thanx for the reply. i actually have someone in mind who can sign on the first referee. he is a social worker and any ideas as what he can write on question 5.2 were it says how do you know the child since he is not professionally linked to the girls.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:43 pm

he can say he is a YOUR friend thats all.

Your eldest daughter can she not get a reference from school. Also check whether she does qualify now or has to wait a bit longer. The youngest is more straightforward but it will be cheaper of course to apply for the 2 at the same time