ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband coming to the UK - Advice Please!!!!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chezza100

Husband coming to the UK - Advice Please!!!!

Post by chezza100 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi

I am very excited that my husband has been granted his settlement visa and will be joining me here in a few weeks time so we can start our life together :D !!!

He is allowed to work and is keen to get a job as soon as possible.

However I have a concern about references for employment.

There are a couple of his friends that live here who may be able to provide a personal reference but I'm asuuming he will need to provide potential employers with a work reference. The problem is he currently works for his father in the family business.

Can anybody help with any advice please?

Thanks

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:05 am

Congrats !

Depends on what area of work expertise and what your husbands work experience is ?

If the employer asks for reference, it should be ok to provide reference from people in his fathers establishment.

There are people who come in with no prior UK experience and still secure jobs, all depends on the right skill set and experience.

Best luck.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:13 am

Yes i am also agree with the reply above, additionally, referee has be other than your relative, so it could be anybody in company but should be supervisor or senior than role of ur husband.