ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistyped birth year on sponsorship letter for dependant Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destiniation_london

Mistyped birth year on sponsorship letter for dependant Visa

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:25 am

I very recently sent a sponsorship letter for my wife's dependant visa from India.

When giving my passport details on sponsorship letter, i mistakenly mistyped my date of birth as 82 in place of 83.
However, rest all documents like my passport copy, covering letter all has my date of birth correct as 83.

I don't think this would be issue, because it's just mistyping on sponsorship letter which is written by individual and not on any official document. If they want to confirm my date of birth They can always refer to the my passport copy and more importantly they can always check on their system from my Tier-1 information.

Section of Sponsorship letter---

I hereby undertake that my wife will stay with me at the above mentioned address and I take the full responsibility of all her expenses and accommodation during her permitted stay in UK without any recourse to public funds.

Name of Sponsor (as in passport): XXX
Passport Number: XXX
Date of Birth: XX/XX/1982
Date of Issue: XXXX
Date of Expiry: XXXX
Place of Issue: XXXX
Tier 1 Visa issue date: XXXX
Tier 1 Visa expiry date: XXXX

Please please people do you think this would be ok... I know it should be fine but just wanted to know your views and more importantly peace of mind javascript:emoticon(':D')

Thanks,

:) :)

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:28 am

I am pretty sure they would verify and cross check from their system(s).

You need not worry, as long as the date in form and passport is same

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:32 am

adityak77 wrote:I am pretty sure they would verify and cross check from their system(s).

You need not worry, as long as the date in form and passport is same
thanks aditya...i am already in UK with Tier 1 visa from last 1 year..
its just my wife applied for dependant, for which i provided sponsorship letter and incorrectly mentioned my date of birth...

Rest all documents including the main applicant section, passport all has same date of birth year...

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:16 pm

destiniation_london wrote: its just my wife applied for dependant, for which i provided sponsorship letter and incorrectly mentioned my date of birth...

Rest all documents including the main applicant section, passport all has same date of birth year...
One more reason, why unnecessary information should not be given. I don't know, why you needed to mention her D.O.B. ?

I don't think that will be a problem. What she written in application form that matters.