ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

someone got any idea for me please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

centennial

someone got any idea for me please

Post by centennial » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:38 am

Hello everyone,

At the beginning of this year I lost my passport in Delhi and came back to UK on retuning resident visa(on new passport) and now applying for naturalisation on 19th July next week month. I came to uk on 18th July,2005 but don't have proof of that due to passport got lost.

I have applied for SAR report long back but that never came even after sending them reminder letters. however they were quick to deduct the fees. As I said on Monday I got appointment with NCS and I have no clue how will I prove that I have entered on 18th July 2005.

Anyone got any advice or clue, please share as this is very urgent. I have so many plans base don this application.

many thanks in advance,
Sandeep

beeba

Post by beeba » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 pm

May be the experts can give you a good advice but I read this kind of issue in the forum somewhere you may need to search.....

I think Home office would have your arrival date in their record...

Do you have by chance your travel ticket/boarding card, sometimes people dont take their tags from the bags, any letter from bank or employer close to that date may help. You may have a photo copy of your passport which is not acceptable but may help.

Where did you stay on 18th July 2005? Any hotel, guest house letter, bill?
Any landlord, letting agent letter.

You may be able to get a letter from your Landlord or letting agent stating that you were present here on that date.

But these are all my gusses I hope someone will give you a good advice.

Best of luck.

Idea

Post by Idea » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:55 pm

You should have given the information when you applied for ILR...
Do you have a copy of the lost passport ? -..

centennial

Post by centennial » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately I dont have anything you have suggested. When I came I stayed with friends so no rentle agreement, bill or any letter from bank / employer. This afternoon I have managed to get hold of photocopy of my hsmp stamp which has stamped mark on my arrival on 18th July,2005. do you think that is suffient ? I requested this from my first employer which whom I started in nov,2005.

and yes you are right HO must have verified these details during my ILR application. I had much home with SAR report which never got into reality. I guess I need to write very specific covering letter if case worker bother to read that.

by nevertheles many thanks for your advice. I will keep this form updated as there might be many (I wish not) people with same fortune.

regards,
sandeep

beeba wrote:May be the experts can give you a good advice but I read this kind of issue in the forum somewhere you may need to search.....

I think Home office would have your arrival date in their record...

Do you have by chance your travel ticket/boarding card, sometimes people dont take their tags from the bags, any letter from bank or employer close to that date may help. You may have a photo copy of your passport which is not acceptable but may help.

Where did you stay on 18th July 2005? Any hotel, guest house letter, bill?
Any landlord, letting agent letter.

You may be able to get a letter from your Landlord or letting agent stating that you were present here on that date.

But these are all my gusses I hope someone will give you a good advice.

Best of luck.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:18 am

Relax. There is no need to panic. Submit as many photocopies etc you have as proof of your entry. Any letters from UKBA are also good. Write a good covering letter as to why you can't provide original passport etc. And do not worry, UKBA will have all the info they need for naturalisation on their computer system.

Idea

Post by Idea » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:47 am

I find that there are other doc.s which can be used as proof - fr eg. P60s and child benefit letter, - P60s you can get it from HMRC even if you have lost them..

Sanjotha
Newly Registered

Lost ILR

Post by Sanjotha » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Sandeep, I believe you lost your passport with the ILR visa in India and then came back to UK on a returning resident visa.

My husband is in India and has lost his passport (ILR stamped). He got a replacement passport and the British High Commission asked him to apply for a returning resident visa. He has done it and it has been a week already. Pls can you tell me how long it took you to get the returning resident visa. I am sure you have mentioned it somewhere but I am so worried that I cannot do a proper search on the forums. :(

Apologies and thanks in advance