ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS Mumbai - Dependant - Full passport copy of main applican

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destiniation_london

VFS Mumbai - Dependant - Full passport copy of main applican

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:29 am

My wife went today to submit her Tier-1 dependant application to VFS-mumbai....and they said they need full copy of my passport .... i don't think this is really required...all they (according to me & what i've seen in forum) should care about is my first , last and Tier-1 visa pages....Don't see any point in asking for full passport copy of main applicant...

Do you guys know if this is really required....her submission of application just got delayed and now she will submit on Monday (its really frustrating.!!!!)

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 am

As far as I know only the page containing the visa stamp and bio-data page is required.

Cheers

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:45 am

mskhan wrote:As far as I know only the page containing the visa stamp and bio-data page is required.

Cheers
I, too, think same.. if she's applying for Tier-1 dependant , all they should be worried about is Bio-data pages and Tier 1 visa page.

No Offence meant, but seriously, this VFS application people know nothing and think themselves as the one who's going to decide on application.
What more irritating is that they won't even accept the application, even when my wife said she would like to go ahead with this documents, they won't accept...seriously frustrating!!!

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:50 am

You are right. Most of them know nothing and they insist on what they know.

In my case VAC phone helpline people kept insisting that I would need to have my visa copy attessted as origional will not be present with the dependant applicaiton. This sounds rubbish as why would BHC want attessted copy of something that they have issued.

It was so annoying. But when I emailed and asked VAC manager he said that no its not necessary.

Strange, isn't it.

Cheers

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:51 am

Have a look at this,
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13821081

Well, it does say, "a copy of the pages from your passport/travel document showing your permission to stay, if you are already in the UK"

maybe they took the pages* too seriously :)

but yeah, the VFS folks ask for many other documents and and I had to insist that it was not mentioned in the policy guidelines and that I wish to submit as is :)

My friend applied from Ireland and they would not accept his application because he didn't have a covering letter !! He had to force them to accept it that way.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:00 pm

LearningCurve wrote:Have a look at this,
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13821081

Well, it does say, "a copy of the pages from your passport/travel document showing your permission to stay, if you are already in the UK"

maybe they took the pages* too seriously :)

but yeah, the VFS folks ask for many other documents and and I had to insist that it was not mentioned in the policy guidelines and that I wish to submit as is :)

My friend applied from Ireland and they would not accept his application because he didn't have a covering letter !! He had to force them to accept it that way.
Even my wife insisted that its not mentioned in policy guidance to have full passport copy of main applicant, but in reply this (highly intellectual!) VFS guy told her that the site is not updated...can't believe....:evil:

I am so mad at VFS guys...but guess don't have any other option now but to wait till Monday..I am planning on sending a scan copy of my passport to her tonight so she can take printout of it and then submit it on Monday.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: VFS Mumbai - Dependant - Full passport copy of main appl

Post by adityak77 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:07 pm

destiniation_london wrote:My wife went today to submit her Tier-1 dependant application to VFS-mumbai....and they said they need full copy of my passport .... i don't think this is really required...all they (according to me & what i've seen in forum) should care about is my first , last and Tier-1 visa pages....Don't see any point in asking for full passport copy of main applicant...

Do you guys know if this is really required....her submission of application just got delayed and now she will submit on Monday (its really frustrating.!!!!)
Even I had to submit my passport with all 36 pages photocopied.My wife had to get my passport photocopied at VFS Pune

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:11 pm

adityak77 wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:My wife went today to submit her Tier-1 dependant application to VFS-mumbai....and they said they need full copy of my passport .... i don't think this is really required...all they (according to me & what i've seen in forum) should care about is my first , last and Tier-1 visa pages....Don't see any point in asking for full passport copy of main applicant...

Even I had to submit my passport with all 36 pages photocopied.My wife had to get my passport photocopied at VFS Pune
I presume printout of scan copy of my passport will be acceptable...they don't really expect me to courier my passport to India so she can xerox at her end... :?

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:14 pm

destiniation_london wrote:
adityak77 wrote:

I presume printout of scan copy of my passport will be acceptable...they don't really expect me to courier my passport to India so she can xerox at her end... :?
Yeah, What VFS told my wife was that since ( I) was traveling to UK, they needed all details in my passport, so she couldn't argue much with them, and photocopied all 36 pages. Luckily I am still in India and she had my passport when we went to VFS Pune