ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

changing to HSMP visa escalation............

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b007
Newly Registered

changing to HSMP visa escalation............

Post by b007 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:52 am

Hi Moderators,
I've got the HSMP and my present company is threatening me that they will inform to HO regd misused letter heads when I found another opprtunity. The fact is that I've not forged any documents for getting approval and all are original documents only. Do i need to inform HO that all are original docs only? what should i do?

Cheers

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:58 am

Do nothing, except find another job.

b007
Newly Registered

Post by b007 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:01 am

I've 3 offers and I accepted one offer. after resigning from my present post then only they are talking about escalation and one more point is I will be going for extension in another 20 days. My question here is what will happen if they inform to HO even though i submitted original docs?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:07 am

My question here is what will happen if they inform to HO even though i submitted original docs?
You mean apart from them undoubtedly committing a criminal offence ... blackmail? Trying to blackmail you into continuing to work for them?

If I were you I would play "hardball" ... make it clear to them that any false accusation will be dealt with forcibly ... the police will be informed and you will seek damages from them for libel or slander. That might just shut them up.
John

b007
Newly Registered

Post by b007 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:14 am

Thanks for your mail John. But as I'm in need of reference and experience letter I thought of keeping quiet. My question here is waht will happen if they inform to HO? I'm supposed to submit for extension in April first week. should I submit extension ignoring my companies mails\threats or do I need to take any action here?

Regards

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:47 am

Unless you have done something wrong, ignore them and go about your life, getting extension and beginning new job. Unless they are truly evil, they will likely just go away. They have nothing to gain from reporting you, and risk being exposed for threatening immigrants who they employ. Do not talk to them, do not listen to them, and above all, do not react to them in any way. They are just trying to provoke you into doing something stupid.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:52 am

Ram, looking at the FLR(IED) form, it states :-
For HSMP extensions: If you have applied for a HSMP extension, you must submit documents that demonstrate the following:
  • your economic activity and your personal earnings to date if you are employed, during your stay under the Programme;
  • evidence of the business you have established, if you are self-employed, such as a business plan and evidence that you have established a business bank account;
  • if you are not economically active you will need to provide evidence to show that you have taken all reasonable steps to do so during your stay in the UK e.g. several job applications relevant to your skills and experience.
So it appears to me you can comply with that without supplying a letter from your current employer. No doubt you have payslips and can show money going in the bank.

Also, your new job? When do you start? Beginning of April? Why not get a letter from them confirming effectively that you will continue to remain economically active?

Indeed if you do start your new job in April, before you apply for your extension, surely just ignore the old employer, except as regards payslips.

It seems to me the employer is trying to treat you like a WP holder, where indeed they would have a greater hold over you. Maybe you are the first HSMP person to work for them?
John

b007
Newly Registered

Post by b007 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:56 am

Excellent answer. Thats why all the members says that this forum is truly helpful and we can't get this support\response even if we pay to someone.
Thanks for being so nice.