ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Applicants from Dubai and Abu Dhabi UAE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dubai
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Applicants from Dubai and Abu Dhabi UAE

Post by Dubai » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:14 am

Greetings Members,

I have surfed alot of sites and blogs but never came across a single thread where applicants from UAE shared their experinces about applications made to British Embassy.

All U.A.E applicants please share your knowledge and experiences, also let us know about processing times and cautions one should consider.

Thanking you all in advance

Dubai
Newly Registered

Under assesment vs under process

Post by Dubai » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Spoke to a friend of mine today, Who has lately applied for Tier 1 General Visa from Dubai,

He Said Status on tracker was " Application under assesment at visa Section"

Now it has changed to "Application under Process at BHC "

Can some one tell me whats the diff between above two status statements, never heard of the first one before.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Search the forum and you'll know the difference. And, please don't make duplicate posts on the same topic.

regards

Dubai
Newly Registered

Post by Dubai » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks your instant reply,

I have searched the forum already before making a post, else i wudnt have posted.

Can you help me with this?

Regards

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Under assesment vs under process

Post by aliq09 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:47 am

Dubai wrote:Spoke to a friend of mine today, Who has lately applied for Tier 1 General Visa from Dubai,

He Said Status on tracker was " Application under assesment at visa Section"

Now it has changed to "Application under Process at BHC "

Can some one tell me whats the diff between above two status statements, never heard of the first one before.

Hi,

Application is at BHC and will be processed in 15 working days .. or more . Kindly see the wait time at VFS website which will help you allot to estimate the time. For a good reference , you have to wait 1 month or more but if your case is good , you can get it in 2 weeks .

Good Luck
Thanks

Ali

ibabdelt
Newly Registered

Post by ibabdelt » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello,
Thanks for making this thread, I am in Dubai and I am planning to apply General Tier 1 Tomorrow, I will apply for myself only and later will apply for my wife and two daughters since they are out of country now, please help me in the following:

1. can i apply alone now, once i get approval then will apply for dependents later?
2. If yes, how much maintenance funds should I show? 2800 for myself only or 7600 (2800+1600+1600+1600) for me and my family?
3. if I have to show only 2800, in VAF9 form section 5a. what should be the answers?
Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7
Yes / No / Not applicable?
4. if I have to show all the 7600, my funds are less by around 100 pound in the last month (June 2010), is this a problem?

Please asnwer me ASAP as I have to apply tomorrow
Thanks
ibabdelt