ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of getting my visitor visa to the UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sathya_j2084
Newly Registered

Chances of getting my visitor visa to the UK?

Post by sathya_j2084 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:53 pm

Hello,

Im an Indian citizen & planning to visit UK(to meet my fiancee,she s on her student visa)on a tourist visa for a week self sponsored by myself. I have planned my itenary thro Thomas Cook and i have all the requiered papers.

But considering my age(25yrs) and marital status(single) what is the chances of getting my visa? Does anybody have similar experiences?

Also, is a covering letter required for a tourist/visa? If yes, please provide a sample format.

BR//

sathya_j2084
Newly Registered

Post by sathya_j2084 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:23 pm

could some one pls advisee me on this?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Chances of success depend on evidences / supporting documents submitted along with the application, based on which a decision is made by the ECO.

No one can guess what your chances would be (of success or failure). What can said, however, is that if you fulfil the requirements, there is no reason why you will not be issued a visa to travel to UK. Read Visitors (INF2).

regards

sathya_j2084
Newly Registered

Post by sathya_j2084 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi

Thnx for ur post. I have the following docs:

1. Leave approval letter from my employer
2. Bank Statements with balance > 2L
3. Fixed Deposits worth 2L
4. Travel Itenary provided by Thomas Cook
5. Pay slips
6. Inviatation letter from my fiancee

Another query is,

1. should I apply on a visitor visa or a tourist visa, since Im travelling through Thomas Cook in their tourist package?

2. If its a visitor visa, can i disclose info abt my fiancee(she s indian on her student visa)

All said my major concern for worry is bcz of my age(25) and marital status(single) which makes most visit/tourist visas to be rejected.

BR//

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:39 pm

1. There is no tourist visa.
2. Do not hide any facts. Answer the questions on the form truthfully.

regards

sathya_j2084
Newly Registered

Post by sathya_j2084 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi,

I have included my return air tickets as well in my supporrting docs as a evidence for my return.Does tat increase my probability of getting my visa?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:07 pm

sathya_j2084 wrote:Hi,

I have included my return air tickets as well in my supporrting docs as a evidence for my return.Does tat increase my probability of getting my visa?

Thanks
No.

regards