ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:21 pm

asm wrote:
mkak wrote:im so sorry for you Z4ydi :(
my husband had a nikaah before..but we had enclosed original divorce order by court...would that be enough? it was a khulaa case..
its court order dated in 2002....there is no union council certificate...
im so worried now :( :(
Yes that should be fine as long as you had the divorce papers translated into English as my partner did and had them stamped by local council

Hope that helps you
thanks for reply ..court order is already in english...hope thats enough...no union council certificate though...

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:32 pm

z4ydi wrote:Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Raji'oon.
My wife's visa has been refused. I was previously married in Pakistan and they beleive my previous marriage is not resolved.
I need a contact of a good solicitor in North west London (in Barnet or Watford), please let me know if any one knows a good caring solicitor to do a good job. I will put the full details once I receive a scan of the refusal.

One question: should I ask my wife to post me all the paper work to start the case from here????

Alhamdulellah - InshAllah it is khyr!!
Inna llillaahi wa innaa ilaihi raajioon, qadarullahu wa ma shaa a fa'al (It is the decree of Allah and He does what He wills)

Sorry to hear that brother. You're going to be going out yourself anyway aren't you fairly soon due to the baby? Depending on if I was submitting a fresh application or appealing, if I was going then I'd leave the paperwork there (fresh application).
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

naina
Newly Registered

Post by naina » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:46 pm

HI MY HUSBAND APPLY VISA ON 12TH JULY WE SABMIT DOCUMENTS AS MUCH AS WE CAN BECAUSE WE KNOW EACH OTHE MORE THEN 4 YEARS AND WE GET MARRIED IN 8TH JAN 2010 .WE SAB MIT LOTS EMAILS PHONE BILLS CARDS .PICTURES.AND MY HUSBAND IS ALSO DOCTOR IN PAK AND HE ALSO PERPARING PLAB THAT HE CAN COUNITE HIS PERFOSIONAL IN UK AS WELL .WE MENTION EACH AND EVERYTHING IN COVER LATTER.WHEN WE FIRST MEET PICTURES ENTRY AND EXIT STAMPE ON MY PASSPORT .WE GIVE PROOF AS MUCH AS WE CAN.....SO PLEASE PRAY FOR US,,,,,[/b]

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:43 pm

My wife's visa has been refused. I was previously married in Pakistan and they beleive my previous marriage is not resolved.
I need a contact of a good solicitor in North west London (in Barnet or Watford), please let me know if any one knows a good caring solicitor to do a good job. I will put the full details once I receive a scan of the refusal.

One question: should I ask my wife to post me all the paper work to start the case from here????

Sorry to hear about that brother. I understand that you're from London, but I would personally branch out a bit, especially with the Mrs being pregnant.

I would highly recommend my solicitor (Birmingham), not only does he know his stuff, but he is truly a god fearing guy. The person who recommended me to him applied for a spouse visa in India (muslim), her husbands visa was rejected due to the nika nama, she appealed and the decision was overturned but unfortunately he broke his leg in a car accident and he missed the three month period window in which he must travel. It was a lengthy process due to several other underlying reasons too, but he is in the UK at the moment. So this guy has handled complicated cases, and he prepared my case himself. Anyways I'll stop praising him now before you think I'm affiliated with him somehow, but let me know if you would consider him.

Zak.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:04 pm

kaidee wrote:

Inna llillaahi wa innaa ilaihi raajioon, qadarullahu wa ma shaa a fa'al (It is the decree of Allah and He does what He wills)

Sorry to hear that brother. You're going to be going out yourself anyway aren't you fairly soon due to the baby? Depending on if I was submitting a fresh application or appealing, if I was going then I'd leave the paperwork there (fresh application).
Once I prepare the apeal papers do I send it back to Pakistan and resubmit it in Garry's with all the other supporting documentations that was returned with the refusal? Or do i only submit the docs that will be prepared by my solicitor? Please someone explain this indetails to me.

Thanks

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:19 pm

aoa...
i feel so sorry for people whose visas are being refused...its so depressing :( may Allah help all of us

i have a question regarding divorce
my husband had a nikaah and it was dissolved by khula / judicial divorce.
i want to know that union council divorce certificate is required in divorce case only
or its required in case of khula /judicial divorce aswell?
some kind soul has replied me. which is very kind of him..but it was a may be answer..somebody knows the exact law?
i'll be very thankful

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:45 pm

z4ydi wrote: I need a contact of a good solicitor in North west London (in Barnet or Watford), please let me know if any one knows a good caring solicitor to do a good job. I will put the full details once I receive a scan of the refusal.
I've sent you a private message
Last edited by Yousafa on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 pm

mkak wrote:aoa...
i feel so sorry for people whose visas are being refused...its so depressing :( may Allah help all of us

i have a question regarding divorce
my husband had a nikaah and it was dissolved by khula / judicial divorce.
i want to know that union council divorce certificate is required in divorce case only
or its required in case of khula /judicial divorce aswell?
some kind soul has replied me. which is very kind of him..but it was a may be answer..somebody knows the exact law?
i'll be very thankful
Mkak,

Unless anyone has direct experience of this on here it would be difficult to say, if you really are curious I would suggest contacting a professional.

My advise would be not to, I submitted on 25th May and for the first few weeks i was looking at my application critically and looking for errors, it's not worth it and you will only hurt yourself if you do find a hole. If you have submitted an application unfortunately there is nothing you can do at this moment.

All the best.

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Yousafa wrote: Mkak,

Unless anyone has direct experience of this on here it would be difficult to say, if you really are curious I would suggest contacting a professional.

My advise would be not to, I submitted on 25th May and for the first few weeks i was looking at my application critically and looking for errors, it's not worth it and you will only hurt yourself if you do find a hole. If you have submitted an application unfortunately there is nothing you can do at this moment.

All the best.
:) thanks..yeah its true....waiting isnt easy...:( n i get more worried about this khulaa thing when i see refusal cases based on unsatisfactory divorce proof

rashid 1969
Newly Registered

Post by rashid 1969 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi, I need information about following points. Kindly guide me if possible.
1. If I write to UKBA Croydon office, which number I should mention: the number which I use to know online status of my application or ref no GRY-PK-?
2. If request is sent for administrative review after refusal of application and decision is same after administrative review, can someone file an appeal after this?
3. While filing an appeal against the ECO decision, is it legal requirement to hire services of a UK based solicitor/lawyer or is it enough to complete and send all papers at the address mentioned on Gerry’s website?

humtum

Post by humtum » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:13 pm

My wife had divorce in Pakistan and it's was register in union council after judge made the decision in court and she had certificate stamp by union council which they translated in English and got them attested from solictor in Pakistan and forgin office Islamabad we summitted both english and urdu with application on 19/05 but it's was one solicitor in Pakistan who advised us to do this but I'm not 100% sure that this is a must requirement or we have done it right but now once we have summitted the docoments we can't change anything but I believe lots lots Duas can change things in our favour Inshallah everyone will get good news

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:24 pm

mkak wrote:
Yousafa wrote: Mkak,

All the best.
:) thanks..yeah its true....waiting isnt easy...:( n i get more worried about this khulaa thing when i see refusal cases based on unsatisfactory divorce proof
Waiting is difficult, i agree. InshAllah all will go well for us all.

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:26 pm

humtum wrote:My wife had divorce in Pakistan and it's was register in union council after judge made the decision in court and she had certificate stamp by union council which they translated in English and got them attested from solictor in Pakistan and forgin office Islamabad we summitted both english and urdu with application on 19/05 but it's was one solicitor in Pakistan who advised us to do this but I'm not 100% sure that this is a must requirement or we have done it right but now once we have summitted the docoments we can't change anything but I believe lots lots Duas can change things in our favour Inshallah everyone will get good news
SET13.4 Recognition of overseas divorces which took place on or after 4 April 1988

Under the Family Law Act 1986 an overseas divorce obtained by means of judicial or other proceedings is recognised in the UK only if:

• it is effective under the law of the country in which it was obtained; and
• at the relevant date (i.e. the date on which proceedings were begun), either party was either habitually resident or domiciled in that country or was a national of that country.

The term “judicial or other proceedingsâ€

SF786

Post by SF786 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Walaikumsalam NAZ786 sorry about late reply. InshaAllah I pray I will be amongst the next group of people to hear positive news :) my employer was contacted on June 30th but my lazy HR didn't reply until a week later! Hope that won't cause any problems!

Zaydi hope things work out for you bro, sorry to hear about your refusal! May Allah make it easy for you
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:41 pm

AOA 786

SF786 when you submitd your application and from which VAC? i am asking that becouse i want to get idea like when approx the UKBA contect my employer.

SF786

Post by SF786 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Walaikumsalam tasawar I applied on 7 may at mirpur bro

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:00 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA 786

SF786 when you submitd your application and from which VAC? i am asking that becouse i want to get idea like when approx the UKBA contect my employer.
From my estimations of my own case and those of others, the UKBA are contacting employers at around Week 8.

And Allah knows Best.
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

MA786

Post by MA786 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:53 am

tasawar wrote:AOA786

Insha Allah every body will get Good news.
ws ...

inshallah

zaynab79
United Kingdom

dependent fee confusion

Post by zaynab79 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 am

i need immediate help m in jeopardy:

my husband went to submit pp but they returned him sayin they cannot accept 36450/- fee as for dependent its 94000 whereas i had sent my hsmp original approval letter and he even showed that but they didn accept it n he has come back wihtout submitting pp what to do???? m sooo upset>? i had sent UK home office printouts where it clearly says that depedent will pay same fee as the main applicant i applied under hsmp transitional arrangement ..
plz tell me how to go about it now?? how to convince them

he is going to Gerrys Karachi on monday again:.
1. I filed application for HSMP before 28 February 2008
2. Received HSMP approval letter in April 2008
3. Submitted passport for Visa in Sept 2008 under transitional arrangement and paid Rs30,00o which was reduced fee n even got automatic award of the necessary points for attributes and English language as per UK home office
4. Received my passport in Feb 2009 with tier1 visa

Can i please get this confusion resolved by Sunday night as he has to go on monday again to gerrys

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:53 am

till now i have got mixed statement some ppl agree with me that i need to lower fee and some r tellin me that cuz my hsmp approval letter is expired and i have tier1 stamped on visa then i need to pay 93000 for my husband..... everyone plz help me or if anyone has gone through the same situation kindly share the outcome asap. thanks in advance

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:56 pm

Aoq, c4_2007

They are contacting people around the 7/8th week, Inshallah soon they should let you know ur decision...

Good luck...

Is anyone else going to collect thier decisions?
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

humtum

Time

Post by humtum » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:20 pm

I think these days if decision goes against you then you will hear in 7 to 8 weeks but if they approve the application and grant the visa this goes up 12 or 13th weeks

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:59 pm

I'll let you know if your theory is correct! My 11th week starts Monday :? :shock: :cry: :evil: :x :(
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

SF786

Post by SF786 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Same here kaidee I applied 3 days before you! My mates husband recently got his visa and he told her that other than him probably a only a couple more guys got their visa that day but most were rejected :( scary...

SF786

Post by SF786 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:29 pm

:? :shock: :cry: :evil: :x :( :oops: