ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

USA dream is over?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geoffcapes
Newly Registered

USA dream is over?

Post by geoffcapes » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi,
I am 23 and work as an Account Manager here in the UK. I have no degree and no family in the USA. I have read article after article telling me its impossible for me to ever re locate to the states – I find this frustrating and so unfair.

Over the past 2 years I have developed a small online business.

Am I correct in saying this could be my only possible avenue to ever entering the country on a permanent basis – and only if it does exceedingly well?

I basically supply hair systems to people here in Europe – would like to expand to the USA and relocate.

There just seems to be so much contradiction online.

Any help is very welcome.

Geoff

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: USA dream is over?

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:15 pm

geoffcapes
Newly Registered

Post by geoffcapes » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:55 am

every one keeps saying take a look at that link.

in no way shape or form is that helpful?

It states the abovious facts.

Im asking if there are any un obvious entry points??

things i havent considered.

or if I should just forget it all - and save myself the stress and heartache of constant rejection from the US.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:55 pm

I would like to think that the link provided is or rather can be very useful. Using that link you will find that there is a forum like this one but that is for British people living in the US. I think if u browse that site or pose youur question there u might get a better response

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:36 pm

f2k wrote:I would like to think that the link provided is or rather can be very useful. Using that link you will find that there is a forum like this one but that is for British people living in the US. I think if u browse that site or pose youur question there u might get a better response
He has already posted there, but doesn't seem to like the answers he got...

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:50 pm

What have you been doing as an accounts manager? Do you like accounting? If so, complete the ACCA professional qualification, as well as the project required for the degree in Applied Accounting from Oxford-Brooks. This could help you. If after you qualify you can manage to find a job at an international firm, you can ask for a transfer, at least temporarily and see how you like the States. After that, you may be able to stay permanently, as you may get a job that way.

Without a degree, you won't get anywhere, especially in the US. I'd say this trend is growing with the current economy around the world. Another option, save and go to college in the US. I you train to be a science or maths teacher, you get work there.

If it's something you want, you'll find a way. It won't be easy and it won't be cheap. It was the same for me moving to Ireland and now England from the US.

sjohnson2
Newly Registered

Post by sjohnson2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:12 am

Yes Kabuki is right, you can probably do it but it wont be easy or cheap. If you have decent income and are willing to invest in the US, then that is another option. I think that there are a lot of requirements though even if you do decide to go the eb5 investment visa route. At least if you study in the US you can probably get a student loan to do it, which would allow you to see if you enjoy living there before you try to emmigrate.

onlinevisa
Newly Registered

Post by onlinevisa » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:46 am

you will have a problem residing in US if you dont have enough money while applying for a visa

lilshyone
Newly Registered

Post by lilshyone » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:51 am

That's the case not only in America. Immigration without enough money is almost impossible. It doesn't matter where you want to go.

BellaVega
Newly Registered

Post by BellaVega » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Do you know of any friends that have moved to the US? I would ask them how they did it and how hard it was. I know a few British people who have moved to the US permanently. I'll have to ask them how they did it.