ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed on wifes immigration to the uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hazuki
Newly Registered

Help needed on wifes immigration to the uk

Post by hazuki » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:17 pm

Hi to everyone on this forum ,firstly i just like to say it's good that theres a forum such as this and would like to thank the volunteers for their time and efforts ,my problem is as follows

I got married in india on the 18th of feb 2006 and was on leave from work upon coming back i was made redundant from the 21st of march 2006.
my wifes applied for her passport and will be applying for the entry clearance to the uk as soon as it arrives ,
i need to know what documents i need to send ,i have 6 months of payslips but dont have 6 months of bank statements the housing letter can be obtained easily from my parents ,and i am a bit stuck on the part where i need a letter from my employer can someone please help me in this predicament because im finding getting a job very difficult ,
i am a british citizen born here in the uk of indian orgin, because i dont want there to be any problems in the clearance i am not applying for jobseekers allowance .
thanks in advance

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:24 pm

Get a job first ! - and provide documentary evidence that you will confortably accomodate your wife...

No harm in you getting JSA
Where there is a will there is a way.

hazuki
Newly Registered

Post by hazuki » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:55 pm

thx for the swift reply,
does that mean she shouldnt apply until i get a job ...and if i cant get a job is there no way around this as nothing will be taken from public funds anyway.
thanks again

hazuki
Newly Registered

Post by hazuki » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:20 pm

can a moderator give me advice on a possible solution to my problem if i cant find a job,i dont mean to spam and apologise just that i need peace of mind ,since my redundancy i was given leave on 14th march 2006 ,
to look for a job but now im dreadin if i dont find one ,
is there any work arounds i.e sending off the documents i have already
thx

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:11 pm

hazuki, it comes down to this .... from the evidence submitted it needs to be clear that your wife will not need to claim certain Public Funds. Some people can pass that test without working .... most I suspect need to show an income from employment/self-employment.

It is not appropriate to detail your financial situation publicly but whether you need to wait until you get another job will depend upon the amount of savings you are able to show.
John

hazuki
Newly Registered

Post by hazuki » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:58 pm

Thx for the reply and advice john,
but what happens if the sponser is made bankrupt due to debts and the bank account is closed ,does this mean the wife cannot come to the uk for the period of bankruptcy i.e 6 years .
thanks again

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:36 pm

You were made redundant yesterday and today you are talking of bankruptcy? What is going on here?

Have you read the INF 4 Guidance Notes? If so, I think you should. And also the VAF2 application form.

You say about your parents and the accommodation. Are you still living at home with your parents? If so would your parents be willing to act as additional sponsors to assist in getting your wife her 2- year spouse visa?
John

hazuki
Newly Registered

Update

Post by hazuki » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:09 am

Hi there ,
basically i have still had no luck finding work and my wife is still in india,
i was going to go to india end of this month to apply with her .
i was wondering what the chances would be of sucess
if i worked at a telesales firm 2-3 weeks before going and taking a letter of employment from them ,all other documents are sorted this is the only one .and i wanted to know atleast how much should i have in the bank to show i can support without relying on public funds.

also additional sponsers need to be working full time right ?
so i think my parents cant do it