ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suspended College and Extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eawan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Suspended College and Extension

Post by eawan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi All,
I am in a big problem, My visa expired on July-2009 and i applied for extension in mid of July-09, i have given biometrics and all, but my college got removed from tier 4 sponser college list at the end of july-09, they say that their license had been suspended but now they have sorted things out with homeoffice and college name will be on the list soon. but its been more than a month they have been saying this....,
can anybody tell what should i do in this situation, should i change my college and inform the homeoffice, or should i wait...?
i am inclined more towards the option of changing the college because its already more than two months. do you know how can i do that. or any suggestions.
Thanks to you all for your time.
Regards

rahulkhanna
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by rahulkhanna » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:23 pm

I don think so anything can be done at this stage. I would advise you to please wait untill they take any decision. In future you always have the option to appeal if the decision in negative and due to the suspension of your college only.

I really don understand why they give license to those colleges which are meant to do fake things ??

Anyways, I don't think its your fault and you may get consideration during appeal.. lets hope for the best !

eawan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: RE:

Post by eawan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:26 pm

rahulkhanna wrote:I don think so anything can be done at this stage. I would advise you to please wait untill they take any decision. In future you always have the option to appeal if the decision in negative and due to the suspension of your college only.

I really don understand why they give license to those colleges which are meant to do fake things ??

Anyways, I don't think its your fault and you may get consideration during appeal.. lets hope for the best !
thanks Rahul

bluewater
Newly Registered

college suspenpended and Tier4 refused

Post by bluewater » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:02 am

Hi, need a help and advice on my situation, my college got suspended after I sent application to extend student visa, The college admin kept telling me that they are sorting out issues with Home Office and it would be back on HO list> in the meantime I have now received refusal letter from HO sayng they the college in not on the approved list hence no points awarded and no right of appearl given to me and asked to leave UK. what should i do in this situation when I have only 7 days to leave UK??? any help will be appreciated.

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:39 pm

Bluewater :( :( :(

I just feel like crying for you.

My wife is almost on your boat but she has applied for COA last week so waiting for an approval
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

meats
BANNED

Re: college suspenpended and Tier4 refused

Post by meats » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:03 am

bluewater wrote:Hi, need a help and advice on my situation, my college got suspended after I sent application to extend student visa, The college admin kept telling me that they are sorting out issues with Home Office and it would be back on HO list> in the meantime I have now received refusal letter from HO sayng they the college in not on the approved list hence no points awarded and no right of appearl given to me and asked to leave UK. what should i do in this situation when I have only 7 days to leave UK??? any help will be appreciated.
Leave the UK and apply for another visa at a proper university from your own country.

bluewater
Newly Registered

college suspenpended and Tier4 refused

Post by bluewater » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:02 am

@Hamid: I know its horrible to be in this situation. But I am confused what action should I take, solicitors have been recommending different approaches even one recommended for judicial review. I am inclined to make a fresh application with fresh admission and evidence on the basis that my leave expired while HO was considering my application and suspension of college is not my fault.
I also informed HO by writing a letter that my college is suspended and am arranging to send new admission letter so please do not make a decision on my application but before I could go back to HO they assessed my applicaiton and sent refusal.

What would you guys recommend on the above approach??
Thanks

appeals
Newly Registered

Student visa refused - College Suspended - Degree Finished

Post by appeals » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:56 pm

I have done my MBA from Uni of Wales my study centre was a college. I have got my visa refused because my college's licence was suspended.

Background

1. I applied for extension of student visa on 23 Jan 2010 as my visa was expiring on 31 Jan 2010. College licence was suspended on 19 Jan 2010. I already had visa letter from the college.
2. I have received refusal letter on last week of May 2010, UKBA refused it due to college licence suspension as I could not get 30 points.
3. I have filled an appeal and also have finished my MBA in Jun 2010.

What are available options for me.

Options

1. I should take admission in another college but as I have already done my MBA it is point less.
2. I should apply for PSW as I fulfill all requirements, I believe they will consider my stay legal during the appeal period and give me 10 points for it. They can hold my case until my student visa appeal decision (Hearing is in second week of September.
3. They will issue me student visa as I full fill requirements.
4. I need to go back home and apply for PSW.
5. Do I need to justify what I have done after MBA or I dont need to study and wait for the appeal decision.

I would appreciate your valuable comments.

:roll:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:22 pm

If we suspend your education provider's Tier 4 sponsor licence wrote:If we suspend your education provider's Tier 4 sponsor licence while you are studying in the UK, we will not tell you that we have suspended the licence. However, if the result of the suspension is that your education provider loses its sponsor licence, we will tell you and your permission to stay will be limited.
If your permission to stay expires while your education provider's sponsor licence is suspended, you can still apply to extend provided that you have already been assigned a new confirmation of acceptance for studies. However, we will hold your application until the suspension is resolved.
If we withdraw your education provider's Tier 4 sponsor licence wrote:If we suspend your education provider's Tier 4 sponsor licence while you are studying in the UK, we will limit your permission to stay.
If you were not involved in the reasons why the licence was withdrawn, your permission to stay will be reduced to 60 days. We will not limit your permission to stay at all if your permission to stay will expire in less than six months. You may want to apply for permission to stay with another Tier 4 sponsor during this time.
If we think you were involved in the reasons why the licence was withdrawn, we will curtail your permission to stay immediately.
Whether you like it or not, unfortunately, you have limited options to pursue in the given circumstances.

regards

appeals
Newly Registered

Post by appeals » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
If we suspend your education provider's Tier 4 sponsor licence wrote:If we suspend your education provider's Tier 4 sponsor licence while you are studying in the UK, we will not tell you that we have suspended the licence. However, if the result of the suspension is that your education provider loses its sponsor licence, we will tell you and your permission to stay will be limited.
If your permission to stay expires while your education provider's sponsor licence is suspended, you can still apply to extend provided that you have already been assigned a new confirmation of acceptance for studies. However, we will hold your application until the suspension is resolved.
If we withdraw your education provider's Tier 4 sponsor licence wrote:If we suspend your education provider's Tier 4 sponsor licence while you are studying in the UK, we will limit your permission to stay.
If you were not involved in the reasons why the licence was withdrawn, your permission to stay will be reduced to 60 days. We will not limit your permission to stay at all if your permission to stay will expire in less than six months. You may want to apply for permission to stay with another Tier 4 sponsor during this time.
If we think you were involved in the reasons why the licence was withdrawn, we will curtail your permission to stay immediately.
Whether you like it or not, unfortunately, you have limited options to pursue in the given circumstances.

regards
I appreciate your reply. I know I have limited options but according to the guideline UKBA should not refuse my application until my college's licence is suspended. I am not the reason of that suspension. They could hold my application.

Any suggestions for me.