ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

jus came back from PEO Croydon, got my ILR!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ronnng

jus came back from PEO Croydon, got my ILR!!

Post by ronnng » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:36 am

Hi guys, jus wanna share my experience in Croydon. i booked my appointment a week in advance. within the week, i called the home office 5 times jus to verify some issues which i was not sure about, although for the same question you could sometimes get 5 different answer, but i still encourage u to call them again and again, take the names down always. my appointment was at 12.30pm, i was there 11.45am, was left OUTSIDE the building in a queue for 30mins (rain, 1'C) (apparently they were running late for the appointment). Let in about 12.20pm, queue again for 20 mins, after all the checking of documents and payment procedure, finally got my ticket number and sat in the crowded waiting area, by the time, it was about 1pm ish.. Didn't call my number till 3PM! the interview itself took a brief 15 mins, ask couple of questions about why my first work permit stamps and the second was slightly different, then i was advised he needs to show to his senior, went away for 45MINS ! by the time he got back, it was nearly 4pm.. he then flipped through my payslips and bank statements, typed a few things in the system, given all the documents back to me and asked me to wait again.. it was around 5.30pm, my number was called again, finally, i got my ILR !! 11.45am - 5.30pm....................... this is how long it took... attitude of the staff? first officer who checked my document was good and friendly and helpful, the second officer who is the cashier doesn't seems she cared (kind of whatever type), the third officer who was doing my interview, very bad manners and attitude, doesn't speak a lot but using his finger to point !!!! the last officer who was given back my passport was the same one checking my documents and friendly as always, answered a few of my questions and given a lot feedback.... so, tht's it.... i was consider the lucky one coz of the change. if you have any questions about the PEO, i will try to help !! and Thanks a lot for all your info .. it does help me a lot, wish i could do the same for those who needs..... cheers... :D

basis

Post by basis » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:49 am

Congrats ! It couldn't have been better timed considering the changes effective next month.

So one more year and naturalisation :D Good Luck and thanks for letting the board know your experience.

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:02 am

Congratulations!!

You called the Home Office 5 times?!! And did you get through to them? I have tried calling them on numerous occasions and all I get is sorry we're busy try again later and they hang up!! I eventually resorted to emailing them, and thankfully they responded (relatively quickly)!

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:53 pm

Try this number for home office. Hopefully will work the first time every time.

0208 2536700

Rgds

ronnng

Post by ronnng » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:32 pm

I forgot to mentioned, if you have make an appointment with the PEO, always called them a day or two later to double check the date and time, coz of this incident while i was down in Croydon, this couple were arguing with the officer about some confusion over the date and time, they said they booked for the day, but it showed on the record it was two days ago for the appointment.... so, always advised to double checked the appointment, you never know .....

:wink:

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:08 pm

Congratulation ronnng

Pantaiema

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:47 pm

Hearty Congratulations :D

Thanks for letting the people on the forum know, and showing interest to help others.

Did you see any people in Croydon who are in que with out appointment?
Is the first officer checking the dates on passport? I mean wether we're within 28days from 4 years or not?

I'm 1 day short to 28days but still want to go to PEO and try my luck. what do you say?

Thanks
Kavitha

ronnng

Post by ronnng » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:39 pm

Did you see any people in Croydon who are in que with out appointment?
Yes, it was a long queue about 40+ppl, and yes they did accomodate some ppl without appointment, but i'm not sure how many
Is the first officer checking the dates on passport? I mean wether we're within 28days from 4 years or not?
no, i dun think so, but then, he didn't ask me any question so i'm not entirely sure about this.
I'm 1 day short to 28days but still want to go to PEO and try my luck. what do you say?
There's always leniency, especially there is only 1 day, really depends who you spoke to and luck !! but, I WILL DEFINATELY GIVE IT A TRY...if you succeed, you've saved 364 days !!!

GOOD LUCK !!

Thanks
Ronnng

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:11 pm

Thanks alot!

chetkav
Newly Registered

Doubts before applying for ILR

Post by chetkav » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:38 pm

Friends, I need URGENTLY your valuable guidance on the following:

1) My wife came entered U.K. on 17 April'02. We got married in other country on 02 may'05 & we came back together to U.K. on 02 June'05.
Questions: A) When should we apply for ILR.
B) If yes,Can she apply as main aplicant with me as dependent?

2) We (me & my wife) called Croydon asking for an appointment but we were told that the earliest available date is 03 April'06.
Question:A) Is appoinment compulsory to apply in person for ILR?
B) What if we go to Croydon without an appointment?

3) We have got New passport in married name but the Work Permit Stamp is on the Old Passport (which is in her maiden name).
Question: A) In which of her name we should apply for ILR, Maien OR married?

4) Her name in different bank account is either maiden name or in Married name as various banks have different Turn Around Time(TAT) for processing "Change of Name". Her employer has mentioned her both names in the letter issued.
Question:A)Should we attach the statement with her Maiden name?

5) In the list of documents to be attached with form set (O), there is no mention of marriage certificate.
Question: Should we attach marriage certificate in anycase (wether we go in person or send it by post) ?
[/b]

sam1000s

Post by sam1000s » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:37 pm

Hi Kavi,

Sorry to ask this..but as of doubt I'm asking this
Is it legal to obtain a ILR violating the specified period?( in your case a day)

Take easy... :)

Why I'm asking this is, in my case I started my work on 2nd MAY 2002 ( got my approval from HO on that day) and stamping later on (as I mentioned on another thread)

Can I too try my luck :lol: ? (I'm 2 days short!)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:59 pm

sam1000s, I certainly think you should apply before 3rd April!

Suggest you post your application say next Friday, 31st March, and certainly use Special Delivery ... and do retain the slip stamped by the Post Office.

Also make a point of paying the £335 by cheque. This will have the effect of slowing up the application by a few days. Therefore when the application is examined "for real" rather than just the payment aspect, you will be well into the 28 day period before your 4th anniversary.

IND have made clear that applications posted prior to 3rd April will be dealt with under the existing provisions, even if the application is being looked at after 3rd April.

Therefore sam1000s I think you have a very good chance of getting your ILR, based upon what you have posted, and the guidance issued by IND.
John

sam1000s

Post by sam1000s » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:37 pm

many thanks John...!!! I follow ur words...If I win :wink: I will loudly say ITS COZ OF JOHN :lol:

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:23 pm

It is not my problem if they give me ILR before 28days.. HA HA. I know they won't do it. I'm also posting the application form on 31st March.

But in your first msg you said "I came here on VISIT-C (visit visa) from India on MAR 5TH 2002 and I obtained WP
on JUNE 6TH 2002 (without leaving UK) and got transfered...". So you got approval on 2nd May 02 and stamped on June 6th right?

If that is the case may be as John said you're eligible to post application. :D
sam1000s wrote:
Hi Kavi,

Sorry to ask this..but as of doubt I'm asking this
Is it legal to obtain a ILR violating the specified period?( in your case a day)

Take easy... :)

Why I'm asking this is, in my case I started my work on 2nd MAY 2002 ( got my approval from HO on that day) and stamping later on (as I mentioned on another thread)

Can I too try my luck :lol: ? (I'm 2 days short!)

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:40 pm

ronnng>>>>> CONGRATS

Kavik>>>>>>> Keep us posted of your outcome. Wish you all the Best.

sam1000s

Post by sam1000s » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:14 am

My Case in short:
1)Entered UK on MAR 5TH 2002 on VISIT-C visa
2)Obtained permission to work from HO on MAY 2nd 2002(without leaving UK)
3)Got my Stamping on JUNE 6th 2002 (Valid upto JUNE 2006 - 4yr stamp)
3)Got transfered to a new different company on JAN 2005
4)Got new stamping on JAN 2005
4)Still with that employment, the current WP ends on JAN 2007
How can I mention my start date on SET(0) application?
I can find only the date of arrival on that form...since I converted my Visa from VISIT- C(without leaving UK)...can I still enter my VISIT entry date as my Date of Arrival?( ofcourse i can only enter that date...no other way!)
The reason why I'm asking is:
ON SECTION 5.1 of SET (0)

Note1: This refers to the date of the main applicant's first entry to the UK at the beginning of the stay on which the application is based.

Where can I let the case officer to know about my start date of my first Job on SET(0)? Coz with that date alone I can Prove him/her the 4 yr tenure(since my stay on VISIT-C is not counted for ILR)

or Shall I write a letter and add HO's "permission to work letter on my first job" along with SET(0) ?

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:40 pm

Many Thanks for your wishes. Will definitly inform the forum about my results...
samkma wrote:ronnng>>>>> CONGRATS

Kavik>>>>>>> Keep us posted of your outcome. Wish you all the Best.

sonal

Re: jus came back from PEO Croydon, got my ILR!!

Post by sonal » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:52 pm

ronnng wrote:Hi guys, jus wanna share my experience in Croydon. i booked my appointment a week in advance. within the week, i called the home office 5 times jus to verify some issues which i was not sure about, although for the same question you could sometimes get 5 different answer, but i still encourage u to call them again and again, take the names down always. my appointment was at 12.30pm, i was there 11.45am, was left OUTSIDE the building in a queue for 30mins (rain, 1'C) (apparently they were running late for the appointment). Let in about 12.20pm, queue again for 20 mins, after all the checking of documents and payment procedure, finally got my ticket number and sat in the crowded waiting area, by the time, it was about 1pm ish.. Didn't call my number till 3PM! the interview itself took a brief 15 mins, ask couple of questions about why my first work permit stamps and the second was slightly different, then i was advised he needs to show to his senior, went away for 45MINS ! by the time he got back, it was nearly 4pm.. he then flipped through my payslips and bank statements, typed a few things in the system, given all the documents back to me and asked me to wait again.. it was around 5.30pm, my number was called again, finally, i got my ILR !! 11.45am - 5.30pm....................... this is how long it took... attitude of the staff? first officer who checked my document was good and friendly and helpful, the second officer who is the cashier doesn't seems she cared (kind of whatever type), the third officer who was doing my interview, very bad manners and attitude, doesn't speak a lot but using his finger to point !!!! the last officer who was given back my passport was the same one checking my documents and friendly as always, answered a few of my questions and given a lot feedback.... so, tht's it.... i was consider the lucky one coz of the change. if you have any questions about the PEO, i will try to help !! and Thanks a lot for all your info .. it does help me a lot, wish i could do the same for those who needs..... cheers... :D
First of all Congrates for getting u'r ILR ronng :)

We r going to apply for our ILR and just want to know that what kind of questions they r asking? Would u please let us know that what had they asked about u'r first Work Permit Stamp?

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:22 pm

sonal wrote:
ronnng wrote:We r going to apply for our ILR
Hey Sonal,

Let us know your result. Good luck!

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:27 pm

sonal wrote:
ronnng wrote:Hi guys, jus wanna share my experience in Croydon. i booked my appointment a week in advance. within the week, i called the home office 5 times jus to verify some issues which i was not sure about, although for the same question you could sometimes get 5 different answer, but i still encourage u to call them again and again, take the names down always. my appointment was at 12.30pm, i was there 11.45am, was left OUTSIDE the building in a queue for 30mins (rain, 1'C) (apparently they were running late for the appointment). Let in about 12.20pm, queue again for 20 mins, after all the checking of documents and payment procedure, finally got my ticket number and sat in the crowded waiting area, by the time, it was about 1pm ish.. Didn't call my number till 3PM! the interview itself took a brief 15 mins, ask couple of questions about why my first work permit stamps and the second was slightly different, then i was advised he needs to show to his senior, went away for 45MINS ! by the time he got back, it was nearly 4pm.. he then flipped through my payslips and bank statements, typed a few things in the system, given all the documents back to me and asked me to wait again.. it was around 5.30pm, my number was called again, finally, i got my ILR !! 11.45am - 5.30pm....................... this is how long it took... attitude of the staff? first officer who checked my document was good and friendly and helpful, the second officer who is the cashier doesn't seems she cared (kind of whatever type), the third officer who was doing my interview, very bad manners and attitude, doesn't speak a lot but using his finger to point !!!! the last officer who was given back my passport was the same one checking my documents and friendly as always, answered a few of my questions and given a lot feedback.... so, tht's it.... i was consider the lucky one coz of the change. if you have any questions about the PEO, i will try to help !! and Thanks a lot for all your info .. it does help me a lot, wish i could do the same for those who needs..... cheers... :D
First of all Congrates for getting u'r ILR ronng :)

We r going to apply for our ILR and just want to know that what kind of questions they r asking? Would u please let us know that what had they asked about u'r first Work Permit Stamp?
Sonal, when I went for my interview about 7months ago now, they didnt ask a thing about my first stamp, they wanted to see my WP but i didnt have it on me (as it is not listed in the documentation you have to take) but they just tapped away on the computer and that was it. TBH you'll be sitting around twiddling your thumbs during the interview, in fact its not really an interview cause they will only ask you something if they need to, and it will be to do with your paperwork nothing else.

ronnng

Post by ronnng » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 pm

sonal wrote:
We r going to apply for our ILR and just want to know that what kind of questions they r asking? Would u please let us know that what had they asked about u'r first Work Permit Stamp?[/quote]

hi sonal, the reason they asked me about my first work permit was because the stamp on my passport was slightly different than my second stamp,. i guess becoz it was 4 years ago and stamped on different location(one in london, one in glasgow) tht's why it looked slightly diff.. but nothing to concerned about... other than that, nothing else was asked... mainly just endless wait.... good luck !

sonal

Post by sonal » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:14 pm

Sam, you dont need to mention start date in SET(O). Home office do have very sophisticated system which finds out everything about start date/change of employment/ current employment and etc. Please let me know if u need anything else