ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa, but brit cit on jsa?and other confusionss

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nadia123
Newly Registered

Spouse visa, but brit cit on jsa?and other confusionss

Post by nadia123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:39 pm

I am a british cit by birth, and have been married since aug last year, to a non-eu person, whose been here 3 years. he now needs to apply for a spouse visa, however some questions we are having trouble with.
i have now stopped jobseekers allowance, hes working, so where it says `are you claiming any public funds`..do i still tick yes?
ALSO we did reciece health in pregnancy grant last week, do i still tick yes to this box to. because the question asks `are you receiving it?, NOT recieved yet? confused...

secondly, when we apply for the spouse visa, is it automatically mean we have applied for the biometric immigration doc??

thirdly, we got married abroad, after living here together for 2years, so we do NOT need a COA, although we did apply for it before and got it, before we knew we didnt actually need it, so would i tick the yes box, where it asks if we have been approved COA...but where woyuld i explain we got married abroad??

finally, sorry bit long, but he entered the country on student visa, then post studyt work scheme, so didnt get entry as spouse or anthing, so i would tick NO there? ?

Many many thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:14 pm

In another topic, now deleted, you posted :-
the FLR(M) FORM that is.

my husband started working 8th june, i recived 2 more JSA payments then, and now stopped, it was single allowance, as he is not allowed any public funds, i may have to give the 2 payments back, which i have an appointment with the jobcentre next week, however im not sure if this would reject his visa??

we both have over 3k in each of our accounts, and he is now working albeit low wage, roughly £800 a month after tax, * depends on hours), his first wage slip, which is all we have atm, was less than that. we also live with my parents, we dont pay any bills.

would we be ok in getting the spouse visa through??
Not sure why you thought it a good idea to start two difference topics, each giving partial information, but I have now pulled it all together.

At this time I merely ask this. The JSA you are claiming, what type of JSA is that? Is it contribution-based or income-based? IF it is contribution-based then it is not within the definition of Public Funds, and your entitlement continues even though your husband is now working.

But if it is income-based then yes, it is Public Funds, and your entitlement would be knocked-out by your husband working.
John

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:39 pm

And what visa is he on?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

nadia123
Newly Registered

Post by nadia123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:44 pm

sorry about the earlir post. yes the jsa is finished, however its still on the bank statements, that i have to send in as documents, even though it has since stopped.

he is on a post study work scheme.

thanks

nadia123
Newly Registered

Post by nadia123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Not sure why you thought it a good idea to start two difference topics, each giving partial information, but I have now pulled it all together.

At this time I merely ask this. The JSA you are claiming, what type of JSA is that? Is it contribution-based or income-based? IF it is contribution-based then it is not within the definition of Public Funds, and your entitlement continues even though your husband is now working.

But if it is income-based then yes, it is Public Funds, and your entitlement would be knocked-out by your husband working.
It is income based.
but would it affect the visa, would the FLR(M) be rejected?

THANKS

Also we live in a 4 bed house, my parents house, they are paying mortgage on it, we only here temp, but do we say this? its a 4 bed house, with 8 people, inc me annd husband. my mum dad in 1 room, my 2 bros in 1 room, and 2 sis in 1 room...and im 7 momths preg...but this is not our permanent base.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:13 pm

its a 4 bed house, with 8 people
You need to show that the place is not overcrowded, as defined. Merely listing the number of people sleeping in the bedrooms is not sufficient to prove the point.

So not counting any Spam, bathroom or bathroom, whatever their size, how many rooms in the place exceed 50 sq feet in size? Yes you may need to grab a tape measure.

Also, how many adults live in the place? And how many children? And if there are children, their ages?
John

nadia123
Newly Registered

Post by nadia123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:19 pm

THANKS,

although the form doesnt ask for this info? so where would i put it??
theres only one child whose 12, the rest are above 18.

thanks you for your help, please can you answer the other questions in my first post as well, if you can, we are filling out the form as i type, and will be posting tomorrow.thanks again.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:31 pm

You put this information in a reply to this! Then it will be possible for a judgement to be made as to whether the place in overcrowded, or not, as defined.

If it is overcrowded the advice will be not to submit the application, while you are living there with all those people. If it is not classed as overcrowded you might well want to proceed. In short, you need to know!

So you have given us details of the people count. Now we need to know about the room count, as asked by me above.

By the way, how old are you and your husband? Are you both at least 21?
John

nadia123
Newly Registered

Post by nadia123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:47 pm

okay, theres 2 bathroom, one bathroom is ensuite with a loft coversion, which we had planning permission for, so its fairly big, almost the biggest room in he house, then theres 3 more bedroom on the first floor. the loft is on the 2nd floor.
theres one Spam, and there was 2 receptions which has been converted into 1 big reception.

theres also a toilet and shower downstairs, outside the Spam, so theres 3 bathroom altogether you could say, with 4 bedrooms, 1 big receotion and kithen.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:57 pm

Can I now have an answer to my very specific question :-
So not counting any Spam, bathroom or bathroom, whatever their size, how many rooms in the place exceed 50 sq feet in size? Yes you may need to grab a tape measure.
I did not invent this question. It is clearly there in Housing Legislation, to determine whether a place is overcrowded or not.
John

nadia123
Newly Registered

Post by nadia123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:00 pm

ok, il go check, so whats `not counting any Spam bathroom or bathroom`..you wrote bathroom twice....??

nadia123
Newly Registered

Post by nadia123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 pm

ok if im not wrong, :-/

the 4 bedrooms, the largest is 15` by 13, the smallest is 10` by 9....

if that make sense????

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:50 pm

But did I just ask about bedrooms?
John

nadia123
Newly Registered

Post by nadia123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:16 pm

do we need to send the COA even though we dont need it, ( we were under the impression we needed it, but because married abroad, we dont)

THANKYou

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:11 am

Wait a minute, we have not concluded the accommodation issue yet. Can I now have an answer to the question I actually asked.

Not sure why you are desperate to send off the application today. I suspect that you will not have gathered all the information you need in support of the application.
John