ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

does my husband get family permit if i leave UK temporarily?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Estera
Newly Registered

does my husband get family permit if i leave UK temporarily?

Post by Estera » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:21 am

hi guys

I really need advice as I ve been trying search internet cant seem to get clear answer:(

so theres is the thing Im Polish living in UK since 4 years now my husband is ghanian we got married in GHana .Due to some problems in Ghana with issuing the passports-he still waiting for a new passport as old was exipred 12 moths!-he is still in Ghana and obviously he will be apply for EEA family permit as soon as his passport will be issued.

Due to the fact of his problems and of the time he is away and stress i just got depression and Iim currently off sick from work ,im just planning to go to his home country and stay for a bit like 6 moths till he sort this out papers and then go back to UK.Obviously doing this I will have to resign from my work etc...
If i ll go there and leave UK for 6 moths is he gonna be granted EEA family permit?

I ve got all the papers like payslips covering the past 4 years as prooff that I ve been UK resident but Im just not sure as obviously by the time he will be applying i wnt be excerising treaty rights?
We will still have the house in UK as my sibilings will stay here.
Will i have to proof my income or i m gonna be treated as job seeker and not new resident?

thanx guys:)

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:36 am

Applying under European law wrote:For your residence in the UK to be considered continuous, you should not be absent from the UK for more than six months each year.
To help with stress and depression, try the relaxation response and Hypnotherapy.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Estera
Newly Registered

Post by Estera » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:38 am

vinny wrote:
Applying under European law wrote:For your residence in the UK to be considered continuous, you should not be absent from the UK for more than six months each year.
To help with stress and depression, try the relaxation response and Hypnotherapy.
thanx vinny but i just want to know if i ll go n stay in gh for a bit will he be granted family permit or not
thanx