ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed in interpreting point 132,133 in Tier 1 guidance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

quest2010

Help needed in interpreting point 132,133 in Tier 1 guidance

Post by quest2010 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi,

I get a UK salary and an Indian Salary though I am physically present in UK for last 1 year. Can I apply mulitplier for my Indian salary when calculating points for my previous earnings?

The point 132 and 133 in Tier 1 guidance pdf do mention about previous earnings but I am not clear on the multiplier thing:

132. The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings.

133. Where an applicant has earnings from more than one country, the points based calculator will apply the appropriate uplift ratio for each country in which the relevant earnings were made in order to provide a total UK equivalent value of earnings.

Please help me in interpreting these points correctly.

Thanks in advance!

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Help needed in interpreting point 132,133 in Tier 1 guid

Post by aspirant99 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:08 pm

quest2010 wrote:Hi,

I get a UK salary and an Indian Salary though I am physically present in UK for last 1 year. Can I apply mulitplier for my Indian salary when calculating points for my previous earnings?

The point 132 and 133 in Tier 1 guidance pdf do mention about previous earnings but I am not clear on the multiplier thing:

132. The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings.

133. Where an applicant has earnings from more than one country, the points based calculator will apply the appropriate uplift ratio for each country in which the relevant earnings were made in order to provide a total UK equivalent value of earnings.

Please help me in interpreting these points correctly.

Thanks in advance!
No ,you cannot apply the uplift ratio to your indian salary paid to you when you were in UK..

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:12 pm

As already mentioned above, you cannot use the uplift ration when physically present in UK.

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.

Is there any reference in the document or any mention in the UKBA website where I can get the exact source for it? I was trying to look for it but was unable to do that :-(

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Apologies for questioning this - But I have always read the multiplier thing in forums or heard from someone but I have not been able to dig out the source of this from UKBA website.

So could you please let me know if I am finding the source in the right directon? If not, where can I look for it?

Thanks in advance for your time.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Accurate feedback. Search the forum and you'll find zillion of posts dealing with this topic.

The source of the information is the policy document. It is just that you have been unable to understand what's written in there, as you honestly claim.

regards

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta.