ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self employment

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wabuthu

self employment

Post by wabuthu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:03 pm

I am on PSW and have afew questions about self-employment. I am planning on getting a full-time job but in addition would like to do some self-employment ventures on the side eg over the weekends to add onto my income. I have been to the HMRC website self-employment section and still have afew questions:-

My questions are as follows:-
- Once i register as self-employed, can i do more than one type of job? For example I have applied to do an online typing job with a certain company (but they it is on self employment basis). And secondly in future I would like to consider another venture such as selling cosmetics such as avon cosmetics, jewellery etc.

The HMRC self-employment form has the following questions:

What sort of self-employment work do you do? Can i answer VARIOUS to mean i'd be doing different things? Or should i only list what i am doing at the time of application eg the online typing. and how to handle this when i want to do sales of cosmetics and jewellery later?

Name of Business and Business Address? I assume i can name the business anything i want? and for the address is it okay to be my home address?

Business number? are mobile phone numbers allowed? as i do not have a landline.

I would greatly appreciate some responses to the above thanks
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa