ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/Settlement applications - BHC India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumaruk » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Thanks MisfitMel,

your Application submitted at VFS Bangalore: 07/05/10
Under process at BDHC Chennai: 12/05/10

Update me when you receive the visa, it will be good to know the Time it took for your visa [/quote]

akhila
Newly Registered

Post by akhila » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:22 am

ajaykumaruk wrote:Applied Settlement visa for my Wife

Applied on 02 June 2010 in Chennai Embassy
Today 14 July 2010 - Still under Process (30 Working days over)

Anyone who applied in Chennai embassy for Settlement visa and got their Stamping? please post how much time they took?
Hello ..!!
Me also applied visa on 7th june 2010-settlement visa
This is my 7th week the status is "the visa application is under process at british high commission"
I applied visa from hyderabad ..But my visa processing takes place at chennai
Iam also eagerly waitng for the result.

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumaruk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:40 am

Akila

Yes, my Wife is waiting for Visa aswell, after going through loads of Forum's realised that they are Giving Visa after 48 (Average) Working days. Lets hope it should come earlier

akhila
Newly Registered

Post by akhila » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:38 am

ajaykumaruk wrote:Akila

Yes, my Wife is waiting for Visa aswell, after going through loads of Forum's realised that they are Giving Visa after 48 (Average) Working days. Lets hope it should come earlier
Thanks for Your reply .I applied visa last year it got rejected in 11th week and got all documents in 12 th week..Iam applying for second time very much tensed and frustrated.. This time iam very much careful in documentation and all even though iam afriad vry much :( This processing times are very time consuming..wat can we do just need to wait with hope .. :?

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumaruk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Akhila

if you dont mind, can you give me the Reason for Rejection they had Given?, they would have called you for Face to Face interview right? if they got any Doubts?

Regards
Ajay

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumaruk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi All

After going through many Forum Discussions, realised that i missed My Passport Entry and Exit date photocopy to Prove that me and my Wife met in India. I thought My Marriage certificate will prove that requirement.

In My application, we included email conversation of when to Meet etc..

Lack of sponsor Passport Entry and exit date page will result in any Rejection?

akhila
Newly Registered

Post by akhila » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Hello Ajay ..!!

I think u missed main document according to me ..because last time we also forget to keep the entry and exit stamp copies of my husband passport which is the main and first point in my refusal letter..

Hope it all depends on the case taker who will see your application they may consider it or not .Don't get worried..The small matters of life.. most of the small small things we forget, just because we don't have eyes open enough to see the beauty of them. don't you feel so, at least sometimes? I am sharing what had happened with my visa, where me and my husband have ignored the small small matters by which I missed over one year valuable time..with my husband..

Last time my visa got refused I applied on march 9th 2009 status on online as "visa application is processed and delivered to blue dart" on 25th may 2009.they just refused my application with out any interview.they just sent me all documents and refusal letter It is:

The first point of refusal was we stated on application that we first met on 15/11/2008 but we didn't give the entry and exit stamps of my husband as an evidence. We didn't provide any evidence or details of how we came to meet each other on this date.
Second point of refusal is my sponsor's banks statements that the 420 pounds monthly rent is being paid. Here the ECO said that we didn't provide any evidence but my husband is paying rent through cash.

Third point of refusal is we sent internet printouts of my husband bank account as evidence of ability . At that time he is in India so we took internet printouts . As the internet printouts are not provided by bank charges could have been made to details such as amounts and account number...
This is all because of ignorance...
After lots of research I did about what all documents they want, at last I applied visa and waiting for the result..And one more thing iam glad to say batlykhan helped me a lot this time iam very much thankful to him.

This whole one year I suffered a lot You can expect the level of frustration for newly wed couple..hope I should get visa this time...!! Anyways now we can't do anything You just wait with hope ..!! Please give me your update on visa we both have applied on same month 3 days difference between your visa and mine.

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:45 pm

ajaykumaruk wrote: Update me when you receive the visa, it will be good to know the Time it took for your visa

Hi ajaykumaruk,

My visa was issued on the 14th of July after submitting it on the 7th of May, so just over 2 months :)

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumaruk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks Akhila

lets see, if they call for interview it will be great, otherwise another option is appeal over here where i can provide my entry and exit date of Passport. never thought this fellows create such an hassle to give Settlement Visa.

Thanks MisfitMel for Info, they posted on 47th working day for you. Let me see if my wife get visa within 50 working days, by today its 34 working days

akhila
Newly Registered

Post by akhila » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:42 am

Hello MisfitMel..!!
Wat status message you got in online when your application is processed ..do yo have any medicals please inform me so that we ca know the information.

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:58 am

ajaykumaruk wrote:Hi All

After going through many Forum Discussions, realised that i missed My Passport Entry and Exit date photocopy to Prove that me and my Wife met in India. I thought My Marriage certificate will prove that requirement.

In My application, we included email conversation of when to Meet etc..

Lack of sponsor Passport Entry and exit date page will result in any Rejection?
Hi,

u have missed the important document. if possible contact the vfs centre immediately from where u applied and asked them if they can send the same to BHC now.

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumaruk » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks Anki

called VFS and there is nothing we can do about that, i managed to keep email conversation, which clearly mention about the date me and my wife planned to meet.

if any bad-luck they reject, can appeal as this photocopy of passport is very simple thing to fulfill. Waiting time for Settlement visa is horrible, i took ILR only 6 months back, never thought so many hassles will be there.

anki2003

Post by anki2003 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:12 pm

hi ajay,

pls dont call them or send email. it is useless to do all this with vfs. Last time when i called them about my medical bcoz the status was same for last 5 days they asked me to wait for a call from vfs. But i went to vfs directly and collect the same without waiting any call or email from them. When u email them they have recorded answer for our query. Dont rely on their email or calls. Go there directly and asked them they will help you out.

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:06 am

hi guys,
I applied for my settlement visa on the 16/07/2010. Last week. They informed me it's been dispatched to the british high commision in chennai. I had a look at the processing time on the vfs website and here is the link.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

Mine is a fairly straightforward case. Is there anyone has received their visa less than a month after applying? Confused why is it they have written 3% took 2 days etc.

please reply soon worried Sad

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:08 am

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

The vfs site in chennai has a shorter time. does it make a difference???? or are these random?

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:30 am

hi... i found this other link...what does the 8% in chennai mean??? Does it mean some people have received their visas earlier than others? Are they for straight forward cases?

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... akeholder1

pancake
Newly Registered

Post by pancake » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:24 pm

hi paracetamol,

What it means is that 8% of the applications got their decision in 5 days. The thing is, we don't know whether its a refusal or a success..so you must bear that in mind.

Pancake

akhila
Newly Registered

Post by akhila » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi all..
Do you have any idea about medicals in Chennai as reading all previous posts the people from new Delhi are having medicals ..there are only 2 posts i think people who doesn't have medicals..Last time when i applied my visa i got a status msg like this:application processed and delivered to blue dart and visa got refused .this time iam eager to know abt the medicals whether we will have in Chennai or not ..plz tell me if any one knows... :?
iam eager to know abt medicals in chennai embassy..

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:46 am

thanks pancake,
I never thought about it in that way!!!!! Do you know of anyone who has gotten it in less than one month at all????????

And akhila i also applied in chennai and asked about the medical they said it depends if the BHC decides to ask for it at that time. But for now they have not been asking anyone. Which is weird cuz people up north are being asked to get it.

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 am

hi i actually called the VFS and enquired about the TB and health check. They said anyone settling for more than 6months in UK needs to get it done. Even in chennai.

take care

akhila
Newly Registered

Post by akhila » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 am

paracetamol wrote:hi i actually called the VFS and enquired about the TB and health check. They said anyone settling for more than 6months in UK needs to get it done. Even in chennai.

take care
Hi paracetamol..thanks for info ..
last time one of my friend went to uk not settlement visa but she went through dependent visa she didn't have medicals..anyways we need to wait and see

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:42 am

hi akhila,
I believe you also applied from hyderabad so it gets sent to chennai for processing.

any idea if anyone has gotten there visa less than a month. I have heard of someone who got it in 2 weeks.

akhila
Newly Registered

Post by akhila » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:57 am

paracetamol wrote:hi akhila,
I believe you also applied from hyderabad so it gets sent to chennai for processing.

any idea if anyone has gotten there visa less than a month. I have heard of someone who got it in 2 weeks.
Hi paracetamol,

ya i applied visa from hyderabad ..according to me no one got settlement visa in one month and iam bit confused about processing times also ..
in the month of june 85% got visa with in 60 days means wat..??
this is my 7th week ..still need to wait for 5 weekss....!!

pancake
Newly Registered

Post by pancake » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:54 pm

I don't know anyone who got their visa in a month. My husband will apply for a spouse visa (from Delhi) in a couple of months. And i'll update you guys on how its going...

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:21 pm

akhila wrote:Hello MisfitMel..!!
Wat status message you got in online when your application is processed ..do yo have any medicals please inform me so that we ca know the information.

Hi Akhila,

I got a message saying "Processed visa application is ready for collection at UK Visa Application Centre"