ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 FUNDS REQUIREEMENTS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunnyboy786
Newly Registered

Tier 4 FUNDS REQUIREEMENTS

Post by sunnyboy786 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 pm

I want to apply for Tier 4 student visa. I have 2 queries. Will be extremely obliged for your assistance.

1. My university fees is 11500£ pa. Of this I have paid £4500 in advance fees and will get £1000 in scholarship. So I will have to pay only remaining £6000.

As I have already paid advanced fees, should I show an evidence of funds excluding advance fees and bursary (6000) or do I still need to show the full balance (11500)

Can I show my husband bank statement as evidence of funds.

Note that my husband is not applying for visa with me at the moments. Only me and my two dependant kids want to apply. Bank account is held only in my husband names. Whether home office will accept the evidence of my husband's bank statement or should I have bank statement only in my name.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:25 pm

If you are a British citizen, as you claim in this post, then why do you need to apply for Tier 4 visa? In another post you have stated that you were granted Tier 4 student visa in 2009 but did not travel to UK? If this is indeed true, shouldn't you be already aware of the requirements?

regards

sunnyboy786
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyboy786 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:40 am

I have been asking the question on behalf of my sister. A key objective of using Internet forums is to assist each other, not to expose ones full resume and profile to the world. It will be useful to keep the focus on content of the question, and not scanning through every users profile to dig for personal information

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:42 pm

A user ID is an identity of membership for an individual .. and not group of people or a family. Just as multiple IDs are not allowed on this forum, it is also not acceptable to assume different identities under a single user name.

If you have a query that you are asking on behalf of another individual, please state so clearly in your query. Or you may wish to create a new user identity for this purpose. But do not assume the identity of other individual(s) for your own convenience. While you advocate privacy, you do not hesitate to assume another individual's identity.

While internet forums exist to assist people, it is also expected that people seeking help through such forums make themselves aware of the net etiquettes, follow the norm and follow the rules of the forum they are using.

I hope you get the point. No offence meant, none taken.

regards

sunnyboy786
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyboy786 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 pm

i have noticed threads from another user Tanvir Khan was deleted - just because perhaps he did not conform to moderator's view.

I think it will be useful to quote which forum rules have been violated by asking a simple genuine question to clarify an issue. Such purposeless criticism from moderators is obviously going to discourage people from using your forum.

tanvirkhan

Post by tanvirkhan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:11 pm

but did i say anything wrong to anybody?
my post was deleted....but on what basis?

do i have a chance to know that?

tanvirkhan

Post by tanvirkhan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:12 pm

i just wrote....rightly said.........on a comment ,which is still there:)