ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we mention Gross Amount for any month is 0

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srinivasaraokl
Newly Registered

Can we mention Gross Amount for any month is 0

Post by srinivasaraokl » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:06 am

Hi All,
I have gap of one month in payslip moving from one company to another.
Worked Apr-2009 to Aug-2009 in one company and
working in Oct-2009 to Till date .SO there is no september payslip.
Can we mention Gross Amount for September month is 0
Since i have all set is to apply Tier1 only thing pending was Payslip of september

Can i apply for Tier1 or shall wait for completion of one year in the current company.

Your valuable inputs are very helpful for me.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Can we mention Gross Amount for any month is 0

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:04 am

srinivasaraokl wrote:Hi All,
Since i have all set is to apply Tier1 only thing pending was Payslip of september

Can i apply for Tier1 or shall wait for completion of one year in the current company.

I think you can but that has to be in your payslip however in your case since you were not working for the month therefore you cannot provide a payslip which shows 0 gross for the month and without a payslip you can't provide any evidence which will be rquired by UKBA.

IMHO this is break in earning period and cannot be showed as continuos by just writing down in a coverletter that you have 0 gross salary for a partcular month..

Also please avoid duplicate posts.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:20 am

aspirant99 wrote:

I think you can but that has to be in your payslip however in your case since you were not working for the month therefore you cannot provide a payslip which shows 0 gross for the month and without a payslip you can't provide any evidence which will be rquired by UKBA.

IMHO this is break in earning period and cannot be showed as continuos by just writing down in a coverletter that you have 0 gross salary for a partcular month..

I would be interested to see a source which says that there can be no break in earnings across the whole period.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:36 am

ukswus wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:

I would be interested to see a source which says that there can be no break in earnings across the whole period.
From the UKBA guidelines:

100.The applicant can claim points for previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying.

As per my understanding in this case the OP was not working and hence not earning for a month in between within the claiming period so the earning period cannot be considered as single & consecutive" period.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:43 am

aspirant99 wrote:
ukswus wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:

100.The applicant can claim points for previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying.

As per my understanding in this case the OP was not working and hence not earning for a month in between within the claiming period so the earning period cannot be considered as single & consecutive" period.
There is no mention above of any "earning period" that cannot be broken. What I understand it means is that I can only claim earnings withing a 12 months consecutive period, but it doesn't means that I should have earnings each and every single month. In fact, if I manage to earn enough during 1 month, that will do.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:58 am

ukswus wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:
ukswus wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:

There is no mention above of any "earning period" that cannot be broken. What I understand it means is that I can only claim earnings withing a 12 months consecutive period, but it doesn't means that I should have earnings each and every single month. In fact, if I manage to earn enough during 1 month, that will do.
Yes, It can be 12 months or less which is also mentioned in the guidelines but it has to be a single & consecutive period of earnings..however in OPs case it is broken into two clusters of consecutive months and is not a single period of earning.....I am trying to stress on three words i.e earnings(where you have actually earned), single & consecutive(one continuos period of earnings one after the other)...

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:29 am

aspirant99 wrote:
ukswus wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:
ukswus wrote:

Yes, It can be 12 months or less which is also mentioned in the guidelines but it has to be a single & consecutive period of earnings..however in OPs case it is broken into two clusters of consecutive months and is not a single period of earning.....I am trying to stress on three words i.e earnings(where you have actually earned), single & consecutive(one continuos period of earnings one after the other)...
Again, it does not say anything about "consecutive earning period". It says that earnings can be claimed within a 12 months consecutive period. E.G., claim all you can from March 2010 till February 2011. That's all I can see.

Any seniors, can you please comment on that?

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:32 am

ukswus wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:
ukswus wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:

Again, it does not say anything about "consecutive earning period". It says that earnings can be claimed within a 12 months consecutive period. E.G., claim all you can from March 2010 till February 2011. That's all I can see.

Any seniors, can you please comment on that?
Over to the seniors then...coz even now I am curious to know the answer..

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:28 am

previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period
This very clearly means that you can claim salaries that you earned within a continuous 12-month period say Jan to Dec. BHC doesn't care whether it's 12 salaries or 6 or whether you were between jobs and didn't have any earnings for May & June. They'll total your earnings for the 12 month period and use the total amount to calculate your earnings points.

Kala

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:50 pm

There should be no problem if there is a break in employment.

104. An applicant does not have to be in continuous or full-time employment during the 12 months being assessed.

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

I think any single consecutive 12 month period out of 15 months means for example Jan09-Dec09 (One need not show earnings for all months), One cannot use Jan09-June09 (6 months) and then Sep09-Feb10 (6 months), though Jan09-Feb10 comes under 15 month period.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:02 pm

aruni4470 wrote:There should be no problem if there is a break in employment.

104. An applicant does not have to be in continuous or full-time employment during the 12 months being assessed.

I think any single consecutive 12 month period out of 15 months means for example Jan09-Dec09 (One need not show earnings for all months), One cannot use Jan09-June09 (6 months) and then Sep09-Feb10 (6 months), though Jan09-Feb10 comes under 15 month period.
Thanks. This is what I thought.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:06 pm

aruni4470 wrote:There should be no problem if there is a break in employment.

Point taken..and apologies to OP for my incorrect interpretation of the rule as i missed point 104..good luck !!

saferider
Newly Registered

Post by saferider » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:12 pm

That should not be a problem. In my case there was a break of 2 months just mentioned it in my salary. and there was no issue.