ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gino
Newly Registered

Permanent Visa

Post by Gino » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:31 am

Hi there,

Can anyone help me please?

My wife and I came to the UK 5 years ago, she's an EU citizen but I'm not.. We've received a Residence Permit.

Now, with the 5 year visa almost expired, we've been informed we need to apply for Permanent Residence. But, as we've been unemployed for about 2.5 years of the 5 years, we don't know if we'll be considered for a Permanent Permit. Right now, we're both working and finally "settled", we do have our place and good jobs. The thing is, i'm afraid they'll send me home (as I'm not a EU citizen).

What should we do?

Thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:22 pm

You have to apply for ILR - as not having a valid Visa will create problems
Where there is a will there is a way.

Gino
Newly Registered

Post by Gino » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:23 pm

Hi Chess,

Isn't a Residence Permit a Valid Visa?

Gino
Newly Registered

Post by Gino » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:32 pm

I thought the Permanent Residence form EEA3/4 was the one to apply for ILR/Permanent Residence..

stedman

Post by stedman » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:02 pm

I think what Chess is saying is if you wish to remain here you have few options besides applying for ILR.